- This event has passed.
Soft Skills: Positivity
September 22, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Positive leaders, positive work environments, and positive engaged employees produce positive results. We all know that nothing affects employee morale more insidiously than persistent workplace negativity. It zaps the energy of your organization and diverts critical attention from work and performance.
Negativity occurs in the attitude, outlook, and talk of one individual, or in a crescendo of voices responding to a workplace situation.
Negative people are not going to change on their own and employers cannot continue to allow them to infect the organization. So why does negativity cost organizations $300 billion and sabotage teamwork, careers, morale, and performance? In this session, you’ll find out. We will also cover:
- How to deal with griping, whining, and gossiping;
- Addressing negative workplace behaviors including no more complaining;
- Helping individuals to identify their own counterproductive beliefs and behaviors;
- How changing your words and your questions can change your thoughts, behaviors, and outcomes; and
- Ideas and suggestions for actions you can put into place right away to help turn the culture around and have a little more fun in the workplace.
This session will offer you an opportunity to laugh and learn. Rather than focusing on who or what is wrong, or blaming others for negative outcomes, each individual needs to look at what’s right with the organization and what each person can do to make a difference. This fast-paced program will inform and motivate you to act. You will leave knowing you can make a difference!