- This event has passed.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Managing Generational Differences
February 15, 2023 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
As we know, we have five different generations in the workplace. As more people continue to work as they pass the average retirement age of 65, it will become more common to see this age group in the workplace. In fact, the Population Reference Bureau estimates that the number of Americans aged 65 and older will double from 46 million to 98 million by 2060. Additionally, according to a 2021 Gallup report, a combination of millennials, anyone born during 1981 and 1996, and Generation Z, anyone born during 1997 and on, now make up nearly 46% of the full-time U.S. labor force.
Generational diversity in the workplace is a trend that is not only expected to continue, but it is expected to grow. In that same vein, as organizations continue to evolve in the way (and where) they work, it will be vital for organizations to understand, embrace and establish a diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategy in an ongoing effort to help employees of all ages feel like they are respected, valued, understood, and belong in their workplace.
Our program will focus on these learning objectives:
- Recruiting – Diversify your workforce with qualified cross-generational employees and use diverse interview panels in the hiring process.
- Culture – Making sure employees understand their work represents the core values of the organization everyday and reinforcing the organizations culture is part of what makes it thrive. It is important to build connections in everyday experiences and behaviors.
- Training – Provide education to all employees to learn about each generation’s needs and styles as it relates to communication, motivation, development and feedback. Special attention will be paid to avoiding bias and ways to be more inclusive.
- Team Building – A focus on the need for respectful and collaborative efforts in all our activities for higher levels of engagement and productivity.
To combat high turnover rates and to retain top talent, organizations need to cultivate a strong company culture and keep employees’ experiences top-of-mind. Doing so can result in increased creativity and innovation, reputation, responsibility, team performance and financial performance.
- Credits (PDC): 3.0
- Pre-approved credits will only be provided to those who participate in the live program.
- All times listed are Pacific Time
- Space is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.
- To inquire about quantity discounts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full refund if your cancelation is received 14 or more days prior to the start of the series.
- No refund if you cancel with less than 14 days notice.
- No partial refund if you are unable to attend all sessions.