- This event has passed.
Anxiety at Work
April 5 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
One of the many outcomes from the pandemic has been the increased discussion on the topic of anxiety. Anxiety disorders are among the most common mental health complaints and this is especially true since individuals have been returning to work. Workplace anxiety involves feeling stressed, nervous, uneasy, or tense about work, which could include anxiety about job performance and interactions with co-workers. Some current research suggests anxiety affects about 40% of U.S. women at some point in their lives and more than 1 in 4 men. In addition, from the book Anxiety at Work by Chester Elton and Adrian Gostick, their research shows 50% of workers say anxiety negatively affects their performance, 75% say the most stressful part of their job is their immediate supervisor and 60% of organizations plan to address anxiety & well-being in the next three years.
We think these are important numbers to pay attention to. Our program will focus on a variety of areas to help attendees have a better understanding of the topic and what they can do to to help. We will discuss:
- General causes of anxiety on the workplace
- Signs and symptoms to pay attention to regardless of your position within the organization
- Suggestions to manage uncertainty and alleviate stress
- How to help employees speak up when feeling overwhelmed
- Coping skills and activities that can decrease anxiety and help establish more balance
- Resilience strategies to help team members to become productive again
- All times listed are Pacific Time
- Space is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.
- To inquire about quantity discounts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full refund if your cancelation is received 14 or more days prior to the start of the series.
- No refund if you cancel with less than 14 days notice.
- No partial refund if you are unable to attend all sessions.