HR for the Non-HR Person (Series)
July 20 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until August 10, 2022
4-Part Series: 7/20, 7/27, 8/3, and 8/10
9:00am to 11:00 each day
Managing a business is one thing. Managing the humans operating it is totally another. HR management is not optional. It is as fundamental as planning and managing a budget. This series will help you better understand the foundational areas of HR and develop processes and systems to ensure effective business operation, minimize risk, and maintain compliance with the law.
Attendees will benefit from the comprehensive overview and targeted practical solutions that they can take back to the workplace and use right away. In addition to building an understanding of the fundamentals, we will discuss the current hot topics for employers.
Topics will include:
- Hiring Practices – Best Practices, Recruiting, Interviewing, On-Boarding, and Challenges in the Current Market.
- HR Competencies – What it takes to do HR in 2022 and beyond
- Leaves and Leave Management – Oregon Sick Leave, ADA, FFRCA, OFLA/FMLA, and Oregon Paid Family Leave.
- Compensation Fundamentals – Exempt/Non-Exempt, Overtime, Pay Equity, Final Paychecks, and More.
- Performance Management – Coaching, Accountability, Feedback, Corrective Action, – Discharge, and Record-Keeping.
- Preventing Workplace Harassment – Oregon’s requirements for employers have changed. Learn how this may affect your organization.
- Q & A – You’ll be able to ask questions for the consultants – this will be part of every session.
- Credits (PDC): 8.0
- Pre-approved credits will only be provided to those who participate in the live program.
- All times listed are Pacific Time
- Space is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.
- To inquire about quantity discounts, please email us at email@example.com
- Full refund if your cancelation is received 14 or more days prior to the start of the series.
- No refund if you cancel with less than 14 days notice.
- No partial refund if you are unable to attend all sessions.