The Engaged Leader Winter Series – 6 day Workshop – Salem
January 22 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Wednesdays, January 22nd – February 26, 2020
8:30 am – 12:30 pm daily
The Engaged Leader is a workshop series that is designed for existing supervisors and managers, team leads, or employees thinking about a career as a leader. The program is a learning experience that will help them create improvements toward greater cohesiveness, understanding and communication.
Why This Program?
Managing is not leading, and you do not need to be a manager to be an effective leader. Leading others is not for the faint of heart. It is 15% what we know, and 85% how we get it across.
Leadership is more about our in-depth understanding of the application of Emotional Intelligence (our social skills), than it is about our education,
technical expertise, rank or location on an organizational chart.
The foundation of this course is the leaders ability to look in the mirror, recognize strengths and weakness, and facilitate change.
To do this effectively, we need self-assessment, education, and accountability
– and this program provides all of the foundations for the effective development
Session I – UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF THROUGH DiSC
- Everything DiSC Workplace – completed by participants prior to class.
- Understanding our strengths and weaknesses as leaders; identifying
- methods for change; understanding the personality styles around us.
- Introduction to the IDP (Individual Development Plan) – homework
Session II – EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE & COMMUNICATION
- Emotional Intelligence – participants will learn that leading is so much more than position and technical knowledge – it is about the appropriate use of soft skills.
- The program starts with Emotional Intelligence which determines our potential
- for learning the practical skills that are based on self-awareness, motivation,
- self-regulation, empathy, and adeptness in relationships. We then develop Emotional Competence which shows how much of that potential we have
- translated into on-the-job capabilities.
- Communication – This program covers most areas of communication, beginning with a general understanding of your audience based on the DiSC concept.
- Since listening is 55% of the way we communicate, and an area in which we
- do not perform well, the area of active listening is a major concentration.
Session III – CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
- Conflict Management systems and processes.
- Conflict is a natural part of our interactions with others. You don’t need to like or dislike conflict, you only need to be very capable of managing it, and manage it well. In this program, we will learn to separate the emotions from the facts and logic that surround our conflict, and then apply a “process” for developing solutions and actively working toward resolution.
Session IV – PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT – PART ONE
(Optional for Participants Who Are Not Managers)
- “Culture of Dialogue” to develop trust and equitability establish expectations.
- Setting expectations using SMART Goals.
- Holding employees accountable – positive vs. negative reinforcement
- Effective delegation.
- Coaching for improved performance.
Session V – PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT – PART TWO
(Optional for Non-Managing Participants)
- Corrective Action and Termination.
- Proper Documentation.
- Performance Evaluations.
- Walking the Talk as the Leader.
Session VI – TEAM DYNAMICS
- This session focuses on the skills needed to successfully build and maintain a productive employee team framework. Through group exercises, discussion and role playing, participants will gain a better understanding of team dynamics. Participants will identify issues related directly to their experiences in a hands-on and participative setting.
Sessions are 4.0 hours in length, separated by one (1) week, where homewark assignments are completed by participants in preparation for the next session.
$585.00 Per Person – Full Series
$550.00 Per Person – Full Series
(Advantage Plan Clients)
Sessions 1, 2, 3 & 6 only – $400.00 Per Person