Success for Beginning Supervisors Series (Thursdays)
August 25 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 8:30 am on Thursday, repeating until December 1, 2022
Every other Thursday: August 25, September 8 & 22, October 6 & 20, November 3 & 17, December 1
8:30am to 12:30pm Pacific Time
This series will be held via Zoom! You will receive Zoom meeting information prior to the first session.
An interactive series covering all the topics, issues and situations new supervisors or existing supervisor with no formal training need to know.
This program covers the following areas:
- Understanding the supervisor role and responsibilities;
- How to set the stage from day one;
- Managing employee perception;
- Interviewing – what questions to ask & not ask;
- Hiring and retaining the right employees;
- Supervisor’s role with Orientation vs. Onboarding;
- Value of performance management and coaching to get the performance you need;
- Effective role modeling;
- How to communicate more clearly and concisely;
- Barriers that result in conflict and conflict resolution techniques;
- Employee/supervisor partnership and understanding what motivates employee;
- How to provide feedback to employees;
- Legal responsibilities: discrimination, harassment, leave laws, reasonable suspicion; and
- Managing differently during COVID.
Things to know about this virtual series:
- Learning virtually is a new experience for many of us and it can be challenging for some people. As this is an experiential learning process, we ask that everyone involve themselves in group discussions to the fullest extent possible.
- Completion of a Wiley DiSC Profile Assessment is required prior to the first session.
- Information about the DiSC assessment will be emailed to each participant a few weeks prior to the first session.
- Access to video and audio through your computer or tablet is required for the entire series.
- Zoom Rooms will be used throughout this series and you will be asked to interact with others during these breakout sessions.
- There will be scheduled breaks during each session and you are encouraged to stand up and stretch whenever you wish.
- If you have questions or would like to discuss the logistics of this virtual format, please contact our training team at 503-885-9815, option 3.
- All materials will be available online at no additional cost.
- OPTIONAL: You can elect to receive a printed binder mailed to you for an additional fee during the registration/checkout process. Registrations received after 11:30pm on 8/17/22 are not eligible to purchase a binder.
Cost to Attend All Eight Sessions
$724 Per Person
$624 Per Person – Advantage client login required
- All times listed are Pacific Time
- Space is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Get a 10% discount for registering 4 or more people! Use coupon code dea6eqw4 during checkout.
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.
- Full refund if your cancelation is received 14 or more days prior to the start of the series.
- No refund if you cancel with less than 14 days notice.
- No partial refund if you are unable to attend all sessions.