Success for Beginning Supervisors Series (Thursdays)
November 4 @ 8:30 am - December 23 @ 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:30 am on Thursday, repeating until November 11, 2021
Thursdays: September 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21, 28, November 4, 11
8:30am to 12:00pm
This series will be held via Zoom! You will receive Zoom meeting information prior to the first session.
An interactive series covering all the topics, issues and situations new supervisors or existing supervisor with no formal training need to know.
This program covers the following areas:
- Understanding the supervisor role and responsibilities;
- How to set the stage from day one;
- Managing employee perception;
- Interviewing – what questions to ask & not ask;
- Hiring and retaining the right employees;
- Supervisor’s role with Orientation vs. Onboarding;
- Value of performance management and coaching to get the performance you need;
- Effective role modeling;
- How to communicate more clearly and concisely;
- Barriers that result in conflict and conflict resolution techniques;
- Employee/supervisor partnership and understanding what motivates employee;
- How to provide feedback to employees;
- Legal responsibilities: discrimination, harassment, leave laws, reasonable suspicion; and
- Managing differently during COVID.
Things to know about this virtual series:
- Learning virtually is a new experience for many of us and it can be challenging for some people. As this is an experiential learning process, we ask that everyone involve themselves in group discussions to the fullest extent possible.
- Completion of a Wiley DiSC Profile Assessment is required prior to the first session.
- Information about the DiSC assessment will be emailed to each participant a few weeks prior to the first session.
- Access to video and audio through your computer or tablet is required for the entire series.
- Zoom Rooms will be used throughout this series and you will be asked to interact with others during these breakout sessions.
- There will be scheduled breaks during each session and you are encouraged to stand up and stretch whenever you wish.
- If you have questions or would like to discuss the logistics of this virtual format, please contact our training team at 503-885-9815, option 3.
Cost to Attend All Eight Sessions
$699 Per Person
$599 Per Person – Advantage Plan Clients
- Space is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- No refunds. A recording of the webinar will be available for 30 days following the live program.
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.