Just Cause – Due Process
August 18 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am$49.00
One of the most awkward supervisory issues is the corrective action process. Because it involves confrontation and conflict, supervisors are often more tempted to avoid these discussions. In no other activity is it so important to do it right every time. In today’s fast-changing legal environment, it is difficult to know how and when to discharge, as well as document, and how to avoid violating the law. Failure to have solid employee coaching and corrective action and documentation practices can cause HR a tremendous number of headaches including the payment of unemployment insurance benefits in error.
This session, specifically designed for Supervisors and Managers, will reinforce the critical steps of appropriate discipline and document activities. This session will cover:
• How and when to discipline and how to document the corrective action.
• What is Due Process and is it necessary?
• What words to use and how to have the necessary conversation needed.
• How to determine what level of corrective action is appropriate.
• How to reduce the risk of lawsuits and unemployment insurance payments and avoid unlawful discrimination.
- Space is limited and registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for no-shows.
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session, your registration has not been received.