HR Basics 101: Developing Knowledge, Skills, Process, and Systems – 5 part webinar series
March 10 @ 8:30 am - April 14 @ 11:30 am
This series is being offered in partnership with SHRMA and is pending approval for 15 general HRCI and SHRM credits.
March 10, 17, 31, April 7, 14
8:30am to 11:30am
Managing a business is one thing. Managing the humans operating it is totally another. Lack of understanding, planning, and effective implementation can result in not just efficiently run operations, but in costly employee lawsuits and liability for an organization. This seminar focuses on the issues that are designed to keep an employer compliant. Designed to give a big picture review in a short amount of time, this 5-day seminar series will help you better understand areas of concern and conflict and develop processes and systems to ensure both effective business operation and compliance with the law.
Topics will include:
- COVID-19 Specific to HR – A focus on the past, present, and future of how to continue to effectively manage in a pandemic.
- Preventing Workplace Harassment – Oregon’s requirements for public and private employers have changes. Learn how they affect your organization.
- Empathy in our Workplace – Given the last 12 months, it’s time to heal.
- Leaves and Leave Management – Oregon Sick Leave, ADA, FFRCA, OFLA/FMLA and Oregon Paid Family Leave.
- Hiring Practices – Best Practices, Recruiting, Interviewing, On-Boarding, and Challenges in the Current Market.
- Compensation Fundamentals – Exempt/Non-Exempt, Overtime, Pay Equity, Final Paychecks, and More.
- Performance Management – Coaching, Accountability, Feedback, Corrective Action, Discharge, and Record Keeping.
- Q & A – Bring your questions for the consultants – this will be part of every session. We will be asking for your questions in advance of sessions too.
One of the goals of this program is to provide attendees with strategies to recognize risk and minimize potential liability. This can be overwhelming but do not worry because we will provide you with the tools, checklists, and resources you need to cover the areas that require your attention. Real-life scenarios will be used to walk through best practices in how to best handle the situation.
This program promises to be interactive, laced with real-life stories and practical tips to take back and use right away. This will be a GREAT place for you to ask your questions.
Presenters include consulting staff members from HR Answers, Inc.:
Laurie Grenya, SPHR; Paul Hutter, SPHR; Deborah Jeffries, SHRM-CP, PHR, CPC
$399 for Non-Member/Organization