HR Basics: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You – 5 part series
June 24 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Five Consecutive Wednesdays
June 24, July 1, 8, 15, and 22
8:30am to 11:30am
Management employees are usually at the center of an employment lawsuit. The employment laws have little to do with common sense. When you “don’t know what you don’t know,” it is difficult to avoid liability. This multiple session series will help you spot red flags and provide solutions for common employee relations challenges.
Topics will include:
- COVID-19 Specific to HR – What is HR’s responsibility for FFCRA compliance and keeping management educated
- Hiring Practices – Best Practices, Recruiting, Interviewing, On-Boarding, Challenges in the Current Market
- Compensation Fundamentals – Exempt/Non-Exempt, Overtime, Pay Equity, Final Paychecks and More
- Performance Management – Coaching, Accountability, Feedback, Corrective Action, Discharge, and Record Keeping
- Leaves and Leave Management – Oregon Sick Leave, ADA, FFRCA and OFLA/FMLA
- Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation – Prevention, Investigation, and Managing Reports
- Q & A – Bring your questions for the consultants – this will be part of every session. We’ll be asking for your questions in advance of sessions too.
$349 for Non-Member/Organization