FALL 2020 Supervisory Success Series – Portland/Tigard
September 10 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Eight Consecutive Thursdays: September 10, 17, 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29, 2020
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
A highly interactive series covering all the topics, issues and situations new supervisors or existing supervisor with no formal training need to know.
This program covers the following:
- Understanding the supervisor role and responsibilities.
- How to set the stage from day one.
- Managing employee perception.
- Interviewing – what questions to ask & not ask.
- Hiring and retaining the right employees.
- Supervisor’s role with Orientation vs. Onboarding.
- Value of performance management and coaching to get the performance you need.
- Effective role modeling.
- How to communicate more clearly and concisely.
- Barriers that result in conflict and conflict resolution techniques.
- Employee/supervisor partnership and understanding what motivates employee.
- How to provide feedback to employees.
- Legal responsibilities: discrimination, harassment, leave laws, reasonable suspicion & more.
Cost to Attend All Eight Sessions
$675 Per Person
$575 Per Person – Advantage Plan Clients
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.