Emotional Intelligence in Leadership
August 13 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am$49.00
When you think of a “perfect leader,” what comes to mind? You might picture someone who never lets their temper get out of control, no matter what problems they are facing. Or you might think of someone who has the complete trust of their staff, listens to their team, is easy to talk to, and always makes careful, informed decisions. These are qualities of someone with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
This program is designed to look at why emotional intelligence is so important for leaders – and how you, as a leader, can improve yours. Emotions are part of who we are.
To be effective, leaders must have a solid understanding of how their emotions and actions affect the people around them. The better a leader relates to and works with others, the more successful they will be. Attendees should be able to:
- Understand what emotional intelligence is and why it’s important for personal and professional success.
- Recognize and understand the five competencies which build on each other to raise an individual‘s IQ level:
- Self-Awareness and Self-Management
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Management
- Be more intentional in their actions to create an environment where people want to work.
- Show they care and build trust by displaying sensitivity and concern.
- Use their energy and enthusiasm to motivate others while tempering negative responses to distressing situations.