- This event has passed.
Defining Workplace Culture
September 9, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Workplace culture is the environment that you create for your employees. … It is the mix of your organization’s leadership, values, traditions, beliefs, interactions, behaviors, and attitudes that contribute to the emotional and relational environment of your workplace. At the deepest level, an organization’s culture is based on values derived from basic assumptions about the following:
- Human nature. Are people inherently good or bad, mutable or immutable, proactive or reactive? These basic assumptions lead to beliefs about how employees, customers and suppliers should interact and how they should be managed.
- The organization’s relationship to its environment. How does the organization define its business and its constituencies?
- Appropriate emotions. Which emotions should people be encouraged to express, and which ones should be suppressed?
- Effectiveness. What metrics show whether the organization and its individual components are doing well? An organization will be effective only when the culture is supported by an appropriate business strategy and a structure that is appropriate for both the business and the desired culture.
- Space is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- No refunds. A recording of the webinar will be available for 30 days following the live program.
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.