HR Generalist - Part TimeApply Now
On behalf of one of our clients HR Answers is seeking a Human Resource Generalist to perform HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management to carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Employee relations, recruitment, onboarding/orientation, policy implementation, benefits administration, training, performance management, and employment law compliance.
Scope of Responsibility:
The HR Generalist is familiar with department operations and is able to work with minimal assistance. The HR Generalist sets precedent within limits and administers operating rules and procedures and performs advanced troubleshooting and analyses, using judgment to select from multiple alternatives, which have a significant impact on the organization. The HR Generalist must frequently interact with other employees and outside vendors to provide detailed procedural explanations and may occasionally negotiate basic agreements. Must also have the ability to exercise discretion regarding confidential matters.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers HR plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development/implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper
- Reports vacation, sick, personal day and holiday use to payroll and scheduling. Maintains and distributes report of same.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on evaluations.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Administers COBRA for group health plans.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
An associate degree and four years of HR experience, or a bachelor’s degree in business administration or HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or six years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ degree in human resources or related field.
- SHRM Certified Professional or SHRM Senior Certified Professional credential.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This role operates in a professional office environment that routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position and hours of work and days are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Occasional work on either Tuesday or Thursday may be required.