HR CoordinatorApply Now
One of our clients is seeking an HR Coordinator in the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Assists with benefits administration.
- Answers phones for the HR department.
- Handles employment application intake.
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with new-employee orientations.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Prepares job postings and revises job descriptions as needed.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Assists the supervisor with HR projects.
One year of office/clerical support experience with strong Microsoft Office knowledge and skills.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Preferred Education and Experience
Two plus years of office experience with some previous HR experience is preferred.
Human Resource college coursework is preferred.
This is a full-time, temporary position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
HR Answers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SR Compensation SpecialistApply Now
Sr. Compensation Specialist
Creates/implements progressive compensation solutions based on total rewards philosophy resulting in a competitive advantage in terms of talent acquisition and retention success, which includes base salary administration as well as incentive and recognition programs as needed.
- In collaboration with the HR team develops, plans and implements total rewards programs that support rewards strategy including performance management, base pay, and variable pay as approved.
- Coordinates and administers programs for leadership, clinical, and support services jobs including base compensation, short-term incentive and deferred compensation.
- Prepares compensation policies and procedures as well as education and informational training and communication (both written and electronic). Collaborate with the HR team in communication and training for leadership and staff.
- Coordinates the development of materials and provides training to staff within the HR group, collaborating to establish processes that measurably quantify service delivery quality, accuracy and timeliness of service.
- Researches and assesses vendor partners for compensation programs and initiatives and ensures that agreed upon service levels are met.
- Conducts analysis and market research to support the development of bargaining proposals for caregiver compensation, and analyzes union compensation demands. Obtains and prepares cost data for company and union proposals and final settlements.
- As compensation subject matter expert, resolves escalated, complex compensation issues and questions. Ensures compliance with all organizational policies, state and federal laws and other regulatory agencies.
- Participate in the analysis, on boarding and integration of other organizations as a result of growth strategies.
- Participate in the development and testing of system upgrades, or implementation of new systems affecting human resources and compensation processes.
- Partner with the HR leadership to plan, develop and implement re-organizations related to job profiles, market pricing, titling, and individual caregiver mapping.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field required, or a combination of education, training and applicable experience.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Seven years in-depth experience in a progressively responsible and complex compensation role with program development, project management and delivery of related training required.
Experience in Lawson and/or Crystal report writing strongly preferred. Proficient level of technical expertise in Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Certified Compensation Professional preferred.
This is a full time temp-to-hire role and our client has competitive pay and great benefits.
Payroll SpecialistApply Now
On behalf of one of our clients we’re seeking a Payroll Specialist for a direct-hire role.
· Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions, fringe benefits and other payroll deductions. Compute necessary adjustments for accurate payroll.
· Poll electronic time clocks (E-time software) and review payroll batches for completeness and accuracy.
· Process payroll accurately and timely through the HRIS system in a multi-state corporate environment.
· Compile internal management reports from payroll system software.
· Understand how the HRIS system functions and is set up. This position is the team expert on the HRIS system.
· Research payroll tax regulations, review all payments and data discrepancies with federal, state and local agencies, and work with tax agencies as well as internal staff for resolution.
· Interact with supervisors of all departments as required to verify data and resolve discrepancies.
· Assist with balancing of payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
· Analyze and respond to inquiries from employees regarding paycheck amounts, deductions, leave accruals, direct deposit, and other concerns
· Create accurate reports from the HRIS system
· Interact with other departments and employees with professionalism and an emphasis on a high level of customer service
· Work with the HRIS system to ensure that the company is compliant with federal, state, and local legal requirements, establishing state tax, unemployment tax and local city/territory accounts as necessary. Responsible for monitoring and completing tax filings as necessary.
· Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping payroll and other HR information confidential
· May participate in ad-hoc or ongoing payroll or accounting projects at the direction of the HR Director, General Counsel, Controller, or CFO etc.
· 5+ years payroll experience, 3+ years payroll processing experience in large, mulit-state environment
· Must have experience with multi-state payroll, garnishments, and automated timesheets
· Experience with payroll tax issues
· Additional consideration will be given to candidates with Paylocity payroll experience
· Ability to work on multiple tasks under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
· Comfort and ability to understand HRIS systems – how the function, learn how the system is built and how it works. This position will be responsible for creating custom fields in the system, running multiple reports (often with very quick deadlines), and building new companies in the system.
· Exposure to payroll related accounting responsibilities
· Strong written and verbal skills
· High level of competence with Microsoft suite, but particularly Outlook, Excel and Word
· Strong customer service skills
· Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks
This is a full-time role with competitive pay and the client provides great benefits. To apply please send your resume and cover letter.
HR GeneralistApply Now
On behalf of one of our clients HR Answers is seeking a Human Resource Generalist to perform HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management to carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Employee relations, recruitment, onboarding/orientation, policy implementation, benefits administration, training, performance management, and employment law compliance.
Scope of Responsibility:
The HR Generalist is familiar with department operations and is able to work with minimal assistance. The HR Generalist sets precedent within limits and administers operating rules and procedures and performs advanced troubleshooting and analyses, using judgment to select from multiple alternatives, which have a significant impact on the organization. The HR Generalist must frequently interact with other employees and outside vendors to provide detailed procedural explanations and may occasionally negotiate basic agreements. Must also have the ability to exercise discretion regarding confidential matters.
This role operates in a professional office environment that routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Human Resource Generalist
- Administers HR plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development/implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling; outplacement counseling as needed.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains HR information system records and compiles reports from databases.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems. Reports vacation, sick, personal day and holiday use to payroll and scheduling. Maintains and distributes report of same.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Maintains, updates and distributes the employee phone list.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner.
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on evaluations.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Administers COBRA for group health plans.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Qualifications and Skills
An associate degree and four years of HR experience, or a bachelor’s degree in business administration or HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or six years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ degree in human resources or related field.
- SHRM Certified Professional or SHRM Senior Certified Professional credential.
Administrative Accounting AssistantApply Now
Primary responsibilities are clerical support including reception, customer service, and administrative or accounting assistant support duties.
- Acts as office receptionist and is primary telephone coverage, answers incoming telephone calls and takes messages as needed.
- Greets visitors and welcomes them to the office.
- Records, balances and deposits purchases or fees, donations and employee reimbursements, including maintaining spreadsheets for such billings.
- Processes accounts payable.
- Completes monthly billing processes.
- Completes reconciliations as assigned.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Scans documents and performs other data-entry related administrative/customer service support duties.
- Record management which includes filing.
One-year experience of office support (customer service, reception, clerical, or administrative assistant) is required.
Must have strong data-entry skills and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook proficiency.
Specific Job Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally in writing) in English
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems – level of math (such as being able to add, subtract, multiply & divide).
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Problem Solving — Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and suggest solutions.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Preferred Experience and/or Education
Previous external and internal customer service experience is preferred.
Two years of accounts payable and/or accounts receivable is preferred.
Experience using a specialist database is a plus and knowledge or experience with Sage accounting software is a significant compliment.
An Associate’s degree in Business Administration is a plus.
The position exists in a small professional office environment where all staff members are expected to assist one another to meet the customer’ needs. The pace is sometimes hectic, with multiple deadlines to meet.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
HR Answers and our client are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Construction Sales EstimatorApply Now
The Construction Sales Estimator will develop new clients thru cold calls and/or other business development methods and maintain established client accounts to increase company sales and profits. The ideal candidate will be proficient in outside sales merchandise/material needs as required to complete the sales process. The Outside Sales Representative must be familiar with the Portland Metro Area and surrounding areas.
- Identify potential clients across numerous industries; grow existing client base through active prospecting
- Collaborate with the inside sales team providing a comprehensive, positive experience for clients
- Achieve predetermined sales goals and maintain sales records
- Visit clients to determine needs and level of satisfaction with company products and services
- Evaluate account revenue and profitability
- Two years of sales/client management experience and a college degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience; motivated to build and retain client relationships
- Ability to effectively represent the company and products to prospective clients
- Ability to follow through and follow up with clients and projects
- Must demonstrate the ability to read and interpret blueprints and create materials list
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment
- Knowledge of the construction industry is helpful
- Computer and technology (mobile) proficient
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiar with the Portland and surrounding areas
This is a full time, direct hire position with a stable company that has a great benefits package. Please send your resume with salary requirements to: recruiting@HRAnswers.com. Phone interviews will be conducted ASAP.