HR GeneralistApply Now
We’re seeking an HR Generalist to perform HR-related duties on a professional level. You will work closely with senior management in carrying out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Employee relations, policy implementation, investigations, performance management, coaching/training, and affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Working under general management guidance, this HR Generalist role will work with minimal assistance to set precedent within limits and administers operating rules and procedures. Will perform advanced troubleshooting and analyses, using judgment to select from multiple alternatives, which have a significant impact on the organization. Must be able to frequently interact with other employees to provide detailed procedural explanations. Must demonstrate the ability to exercise discretion regarding confidential matters.
*Essential Functions for HR Generalist
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies. Maintains employee personnel files.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action. Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems. Reports vacation, sick, personal day and holiday use to payroll and scheduling. Maintains and distributes report of same.
Minimum Qualifications for HR Generalist
A bachelor’s degree and three to five years of HR experience, or a master’s degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
*Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
*This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening work may be required as job duties demand.
*Travel may be occasional for this position.
HR Answers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to be considered.
Senior Business PartnerApply Now
This role will focus significantly on HR data and putting together a story from the data. The HR Manager will understand the alignment of HR strategies and business needs and implement initiatives in support of strategies using data from our various sources and creating dashboards and presentations to support our strategic initiatives.
As the HR Senior Business Partner you will:
- Prepare HR metrics – analysis, interpretation & communication. Create presentations & dashboards that tell a story.
- Provide expert advice and coaching to caregivers and core leaders.
- Support leaders with action planning & coaching.
- Maintain relationships in order to broker services provided through HR experts.
- Provide HR related training.
- Facilitate HR related focus groups and workouts as needed.
- Provide acquisition/affiliation support.
- Identify change management and communication needs and implements plan as appropriate.
- Consult with leaders to identify engagement strategies.
- Facilitate department restructures and reorganizations.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE HE SENIOR BUSINESS PARTNER:
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management or related field.
- 5 years professional human resources or related experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- PHR or equivalent preferred.
Please send your cover letter and resume to be considered.
Senior HR ManagerApply Now
The Senior HR Manager position is responsible for aligning business strategy and objectives with employees and management in designated business units. This role serves as a key consultant and partner to management on human resources-related issues. This role formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver strategic, value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The Senior HR Manager maintains competent/proficient level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial operating position, its organizational plans, its culture and its competition. This role seeks to develop integrated solutions and acts as an employee champion and change agent.
Summary for Senior HR Manager
- BUSINESS ACUMEN: Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting business and organization
- COMMUNICATION: Ability to effectively communicate organizational priorities, assimilate feedback and provide clear feedback, direction and collaborate across business lines
- INNOVATION MANAGEMENT: Develop the organizations’ capacity for change and then translate that capacity into effective change processes and structure to ensure a seamless integration of change processes that builds sustainable competitive advantage
- STRATEGIC AGILITY: Can articulately speak to credible visions of future successes, create competitive strategies and plans that support the organizational operational and business priorities
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Develop and create healthy, collaborative relationships between organization, partners, leadership that help support and drive the overall vision, values and strategic goals of the organization
- INTERPERSONAL SAVVY: Builds appropriate rapport and constructive relations. Uses diplomacy and tact and can defuse high-tension situations comfortably.
Minimum Education for Senior HR Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or closely related field.
Minimum Work Experience for Senior HR Manager
- Minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Business Partner with a focus in employee relations, with two (2) years in a multidiscipline Human Resources environment, including recruitment, training, compensation, benefits, and performance management.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational strategy, employee and union/labor relations, diversity and inclusion, performance management, effective engagement of the workforce and federal and state respective employment laws.
To Apply:Please send your cover letter and resume. All applicants interested will receive full job description.
HR System Analyst (HRIS)Apply Now
The HR Systems Analyst participates in the auditing, maintenance, support, and testing of HR Information Systems.
Skills and abilities needed for success in this role:
- Proven success in making insightful decisions regarding data system enhancements, and solutions and in leveraging system or application functionality to reduce manual efforts.
- Proven success with system testing, documentation, and effectively communicating key issues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed requirements that result in successful system enhancements or implementations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proven success working effectively with multiple teams, as well as the ability to effectively operate independently.
- Demonstrated ability to identify system and data implications of business and system decisions. HRIS experience is strongly preferred.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the related field, plus 2-3 years of applicable work experience. Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience is advantageous.
If at the senior-level for this role additional minimum requirements are:
- Demonstrated high-level success managing within a system or functional area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated success in leading small to medium projects from start to finish.
- Proven success in independently implementing new or enhanced processes with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated success in educating and guiding stakeholders on processes and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or related field, and a minimum of five years’ experience defining and analyzing business requirements, process modeling, functional systems design, user acceptance testing and/or a combination experience in using programming languages, software tools, and/or a variety of desktop applications.
Our client, a stable organization with tenure, offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Pre-employment testing includes a drug screen and background check. To apply please respond with your resume and letter of interest. Interviews will be conducted immediately as our client is eager to fill this role ASAP.
Do peers describe you as an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels? Are you up to date on various employment laws and practices? Yes? Then we found your new home! One of HR Answers clients is looking to bring on an experienced Recruiter who processes a high level of professional ethics.
The Recruiter delivers all facets of recruiting success for the communications, electronics, contract manufacturing divisions. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent.
Develop and Execute Recruiting Plans
- Work with local HR Business Partners to facilitate the hiring process who will provide job descriptions and the scope of the position needed, and then confirm with Hiring Managers an understanding of specific needs, establishing a realistic time line, training the interviewing team, negotiating salary.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Manage and negotiate external agency usage. Point of contact for current third-party agency candidates and agency for issues, verification and approval of agency contractor’s time cards and submittal to AP.
Administrative Duties and Record Keeping
- Prepare, generate and send offer packages
- Review and prescreen applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Coordinate with each location all in person and phone interviews.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the iApplicant system.
- EEOC tracking and reporting of all open positions.
- Perform reference and background checks for potential employees. Obtain unofficial references from network contacts.
- Write and send candidate rejection letters for candidates who were phone screened. Call all candidates that were brought on site for interviews but not hired for a role.
- Assist in creating the interviewing and selecting process with the hiring manager.
- Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
- Research and special projects as assigned by the SVP of HR.
- Provide day to day HR support and strong customer service under the direction of the SVP of HR.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business/HR Management or a related field;
5+ years of HR recruiting experience preferred;
or any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned tasks;
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification is desirable.
Please send cover letter and resume to be considered. A copy of the full Job Description will be supplied to candidates who are contacted to engage in a phone screen prior to the first interview.
Administrative Assistant - Front DeskApply Now
Are you looking to be apart of a dynamic group of highly-skilled and talented individuals who enjoy working as a team for the success of the organization? If so, we would love to meet you!
HR Answers is the largest independently-owned Human Resources Consulting firm in the Pacific NW. We are looking for a highly motivated Front Desk Administrative Assistant. This person will have great attention to details, a knack for juggling several tasks at once, dealing with many different types of personalities, the ability to think “outside the box,” and take initiative and tackle a myriad of daily tasks and constant pop-up projects along the way.
The right fit for us will be a go-getter with a lot of positive energy and the drive to help the Administrative Team succeed. Our next Administrative Assistant will wear many hats: receptionist and workshop coordinator and assist with our client services administration, and occasional marketing projects.
- Multi-line phone experience
- High School Diploma
- Three years of previous administrative experience (knowledge of HR is a bonus, but not required)
- Strong proof reading/editing skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Strong word processing skills
- Advanced grammar skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to multi-task (start and stop tasks and projects through interruptions)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Please send cover letter and resume to be considered. A copy of the full Job Description will be supplied to candidates who are contacted to engage in a phone screen prior to the first interview.
Executive DirectorApply Now
On behalf of one of our clients we’re seeking an Executive Director for a dynamic growing organization that’s headquarters is located in Kent, WA.
This Executive Director role provides professional executive services and direction in the furtherance of the organization’s mission and is responsible for its overall operation and administration, which includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
Board of Trustees
- Accomplishes the mission and vision of the Board and carries out the directives of the Board of Trustees.
- Conducts and supports scheduled meetings of the Board of Trustees, and any ad hoc meeting that may be required.
- Keeps the Board informed of all issues that may have a positive or detrimental effect on the mission or operation of the training program.
Manages the Operations of the Programs
- Develops necessary policies, obtains approval by the Board of Trustees, and implements.
- Provides administrative support and professional guidance to the committees to ensure the effective functioning of Trust Funds.
- Maintains and develops adequate and qualified staff to meet Trust Fund objectives and goals.
- Maintains all training centers in good physical condition and appropriate condition for educational goals.
- Creates and manages curricula that are responsive to current requirements and needs of the construction industry and the various crafts associated with the Trust Fund.
- Manages coordinators, instructors, and support staff in the provision of education and training services to students.
- Maintains the infrastructure and the plan assets of the Trust Fund to accomplish educational objectives.
- Maintains compliance with state apprenticeship requirements (Standards) to ensure that the Training Program is in compliance with the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council and Washington Administrative Code regulations.
- Primary representative to state apprenticeship agencies.
- Prepares an annual operating budget and review with the Board for their approval.
- Interacts with signatory contractors and Regional Council staff for guidance and support.
- Collaborates with the Training Fund to leverage all appropriate resources and contribute to the organization-wide initiatives on behalf of the Trust Fund, including, but not limited to, continuing education of instructors, coordinators and administrative staff.
- Establishes relationships with public schools, community colleges, and vocational training programs, and the general public for recruiting and community support.
- Ensures that all opportunities related to funding grants are researched and applied for.
Legal and Financial
- Ensures compliance with all legal requirements, including ERISA, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and all applicable state and local laws.
- Supervises and monitors all financial aspects of the fund and report quarterly, or as requested, to the Trustees, the fiscal standing of the Fund. Commissions and provides necessary assistance to the Certified Public Accountant in the conduct of the annual audit and any other regulatory disclosures.
- Implements and maintains an insurance portfolio that adequately protects the interests of the Fund.
- Maintains and preserves records necessary for the operation of the Trust Fund and develops a records retention policy consistent with applicable law.
- Facilitates the engagement of professional consultants and other specialists as requested by the Board to ensure that all legal and financial matters are given proper professional oversight.
- Ensures all prompt and necessary compliance with Department of Labor and IRS filings.
- Manages the human resources of the Trust Fund including the supervision and development of personnel policies necessary for the efficient operation of the Trust Fund.
- Ensures that the Trust Fund as plan sponsor meets its obligation to maintain its employee benefit programs.
- Ensures that purchasing practices obtain the best value for goods and services rendered and seeks out donations from suppliers and industry partners as applicable.
- Conducts annual inventory of all property of the Trust and submit to insurers and the Board of Trustees.
- Must be honest, have integrity, and display self-control and professional behavior in representing the Board and the program.
- Must have prior personnel and program management experience.
- Must have strong administrative skills and be an effective leader.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Apprenticeship law and State and Federal regulations.
- Superior verbal and written skills, able to prepare detailed reports and articulate apprenticeship program objectives.
- Must have general knowledge of the construction industry, the terminology used, and working conditions.
- Must have knowledge and experience related to business administration processes and procedures.
- Must reside in (or relocate to) the greater Puget Sound Area.
- Considerable construction industry experience and/or applicable advanced academic education are desired.
To submit your letter of interest and resume, please reply to this posting.
All inquiries and/or responses must be submitted to HR Answers in writing or contact Gail Muller, Director of Recruiting at HR Answers at 503.885.9815
HR Data CoordinatorApply Now
HR Data Coordinator
The HR Data Coordinator will report to the Manager of HRMS.
Our client is looking for someone to bring onto their team who is timeline driven, detailed oriented, has experience in data management for HRMS systems and doesn’t get flustered when interrupted.
The HR Data Coordinator manages the data management and administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs in support of the following areas; training and development, HRIS, benefits and employment and general HR caregiver information. Providing HR data management support in a fast paced, timeline driven environment with a collaborative team.
- Receives, validates, clarifies and approves system updates to Hire/Rehire, Terminate, Change Relationship to Organization, Transfer, Promote, or Add Work Assignments as received from HR partners.
- Manages all data input for HR caregiver files; receives, validates and determines compliance with HR document guidelines. Responsible for I-9 form validation and ensures compliance and document and updated in HRIS systems.
- Manages certification and licensure documentation and related record keeping for all caregivers including validating the certification/license is from a credentialed source.
- Updates HRIS systems with new and renewed certifications, audits credential tracking reports for missing and expired credentials
- Manages administration of Special Benefits Program such as PTO Donations, PTO Hardship Cash Outs, Medical Premium Assistance and Emergency Loans.
- Primary resource area for HRIS system as a participant and tester on project teams for system upgrades, new launches, enhancements and process flows.
High School Diploma
One year of high volume data management
One year proven task management
One year high touch customer service
Prior HR experience preferred
$20.00 – $30.00/hr BOE
Benefits ManagerApply Now
We’re seeking a Benefits Manager for a direct hire role for one of our clients whose organization’s headquarters is located in Vancouver, WA.
The Benefits Manager is responsible for the administration of employee benefits this role provides special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans. The Benefits Manager surveys industry and/or community to determine company’s competitive position in employee benefits and in particular develops, recommends and installs approved, new or modified plans and employee benefits policies and supervises administration of existing plans. Additionally, the Benefits Manager will develop cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administer employee benefits and retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to maintain company’s competitive position in labor market
- Recommend classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Develop census data and solicit insurance companies for quotations. Evaluates quotation and make recommendations to management and develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost share recommendations to management.
- Install approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment and advise and counsel management and employees on existing benefits.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Assist in the development of company proposals for employee benefits. Obtain and prepare cost data for company proposals.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Develop benefits information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
- Maintain contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effortlessly lead and manage under pressure.
- Possess the capacity to think strategically and implement strategic initiatives.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, train and implement.
- Capable of seeing the “big picture” and be detail-oriented, as well.
- Be creative, innovative, and progressive; be a good problem solver.
- Excel in communication both verbal and written, in a clear concise manner.
- Strength in managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Content to work independently with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and accreditation laws and standards.
- Ability to objectively collect and analyze data.
- Strong interpersonal and ability to engage with diverse staff.
A bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in benefits administration or, five plus years of experience managing benefits in a multi-state, multi-facility environment, or an equivalent number of years of experience and education.
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred.
Company offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes paid time off and the opportunity to elect healthcare, dental, vision and disability benefits; as well as life insurance, a 401k plan with company match and an employee assistance program.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter and resume with “Benefits Manager” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Payroll ManagerApply Now
JOB TITLE: Corporate Payroll Manager
REPORTS TO: VP, Human Resources
LOCATION: Salem, Oregon (4 minutes off of I-5, across from the Salem Airport)
CLASSIFICATION: Salaried, Exempt
HOURS: Full-time, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Join a fun, energetic team as the Corporate Payroll Manger. Lead a 3-person payroll team and direct the implementation of new databases.
This is a farmer-owned cooperative that grows, harvests, processes, and distributes high quality, healthy, frozen vegetables (non-GMO), fruits and soups. Their farms are located on over 35,000 acres in the Pacific Northwest. Headquartered in Salem, Oregon, they are Oregon’s largest fruit and vegetable processor, with 5 facilities in the Willamette Valley. They employ 1,200 full-time employees and 2,000 seasonal employees during the processing season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process multi-employer and multi-state payroll using Kronos Workforce Ready, both salaried and hourly (union and non-union), on a weekly and bi-weekly basis, including garnishments, benefits and taxes according to federal and state wage and hour regulations.
- Direct the implementation of Kronos Workforce Ready for hourly employees.
- Complete the Kronos Workforce Ready implementation for salaried employees, which went live on 1/1/2018.
- Answer general payroll inquiries from employees.
- Prepare and/or create payroll-related reports as needed.
- Ensure proper government reporting and compliance.
- Audit vacation and sick time accruals.
- Manage year-end W-2 processing.
- Assist with year-end ACA 1095-C and 1094-C reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Healthy, high quality and tasty products.
- Really, really nice people to work with.
- Wear jeans Monday – Friday [and shorts, T-shirts, and boat shoes or sneakers on weekends].
- Beautiful office building, with private office and free parking.
- Two-minute drive to an awesome teriyaki chicken & vegetable rice bowl
- Opportunity to add value and do good stuff.
- Chance to help feed America.
- And salary, bonus, and recently enhanced benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience processing payroll in a medium to large company.
- Familiarity with multi-state payroll.
- Prefer experience with mainstream payroll software (ideally Kronos).
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
- Proven project management and supervisory skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining composure.
- Solid skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Wage & Hour law knowledge helpful.
- Experience with union labor agreements helpful.
- Experience processing garnishments, preferably in Oregon and Washington.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; very organized; high attention to detail.
- Willingness to embrace change and learn new skills, tools and
- Willingness to work some evenings and technology.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Sense of humor.
- All new employee hiring is contingent upon passing a drug screen.
This is a full-time role with competitive pay and the client provides great benefits. To apply please send your resume and cover letter.
SR Compensation SpecialistApply Now
Sr. Compensation Specialist
Creates/implements progressive compensation solutions based on total rewards philosophy resulting in a competitive advantage in terms of talent acquisition and retention success, which includes base salary administration as well as incentive and recognition programs as needed.
- In collaboration with the HR team develops, plans and implements total rewards programs that support rewards strategy including performance management, base pay, and variable pay as approved.
- Coordinates and administers programs for leadership, clinical, and support services jobs including base compensation, short-term incentive and deferred compensation.
- Prepares compensation policies and procedures as well as education and informational training and communication (both written and electronic). Collaborate with the HR team in communication and training for leadership and staff.
- Coordinates the development of materials and provides training to staff within the HR group, collaborating to establish processes that measurably quantify service delivery quality, accuracy and timeliness of service.
- Researches and assesses vendor partners for compensation programs and initiatives and ensures that agreed upon service levels are met.
- Conducts analysis and market research to support the development of bargaining proposals for caregiver compensation, and analyzes union compensation demands. Obtains and prepares cost data for company and union proposals and final settlements.
- As compensation subject matter expert, resolves escalated, complex compensation issues and questions. Ensures compliance with all organizational policies, state and federal laws and other regulatory agencies.
- Participate in the analysis, on boarding and integration of other organizations as a result of growth strategies.
- Participate in the development and testing of system upgrades, or implementation of new systems affecting human resources and compensation processes.
- Partner with the HR leadership to plan, develop and implement re-organizations related to job profiles, market pricing, titling, and individual caregiver mapping.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field required, or a combination of education, training and applicable experience.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Seven years in-depth experience in a progressively responsible and complex compensation role with program development, project management and delivery of related training required.
Experience in Lawson and/or Crystal report writing strongly preferred. Proficient level of technical expertise in Excel, Word, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Certified Compensation Professional preferred.
This is a full time temp-to-hire role and our client has competitive pay and great benefits.
Payroll SpecialistApply Now
On behalf of one of our clients we’re seeking a Payroll Specialist for a direct-hire role.
· Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions, fringe benefits and other payroll deductions. Compute necessary adjustments for accurate payroll.
· Poll electronic time clocks (E-time software) and review payroll batches for completeness and accuracy.
· Process payroll accurately and timely through the HRIS system in a multi-state corporate environment.
· Compile internal management reports from payroll system software.
· Understand how the HRIS system functions and is set up. This position is the team expert on the HRIS system.
· Research payroll tax regulations, review all payments and data discrepancies with federal, state and local agencies, and work with tax agencies as well as internal staff for resolution.
· Interact with supervisors of all departments as required to verify data and resolve discrepancies.
· Assist with balancing of payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
· Analyze and respond to inquiries from employees regarding paycheck amounts, deductions, leave accruals, direct deposit, and other concerns
· Create accurate reports from the HRIS system
· Interact with other departments and employees with professionalism and an emphasis on a high level of customer service
· Work with the HRIS system to ensure that the company is compliant with federal, state, and local legal requirements, establishing state tax, unemployment tax and local city/territory accounts as necessary. Responsible for monitoring and completing tax filings as necessary.
· Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping payroll and other HR information confidential
· May participate in ad-hoc or ongoing payroll or accounting projects at the direction of the HR Director, General Counsel, Controller, or CFO etc.
· 5+ years payroll experience, 3+ years payroll processing experience in large, mulit-state environment
· Must have experience with multi-state payroll, garnishments, and automated timesheets
· Experience with payroll tax issues
· Additional consideration will be given to candidates with Paylocity payroll experience
· Ability to work on multiple tasks under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
· Comfort and ability to understand HRIS systems – how the function, learn how the system is built and how it works. This position will be responsible for creating custom fields in the system, running multiple reports (often with very quick deadlines), and building new companies in the system.
· Exposure to payroll related accounting responsibilities
· Strong written and verbal skills
· High level of competence with Microsoft suite, but particularly Outlook, Excel and Word
· Strong customer service skills
· Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks
This is a full-time role with competitive pay and the client provides great benefits. To apply please send your resume and cover letter.