Executive AssistantApply Now
Executive Assistant – OHSU 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland. Richard Jones Hall (RJH) room 4365 Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Provide direct support to the Chief Diversity Officer & Vice President of Equity & Inclusion and Assistant Chief Diversity Officer; and provide general support to the Center for Diversity & Inclusion. Answer and effectively triage incoming queries to the CDI (by phone and email) and in providing such support is exposed to sensitive and confidential information. This position requires basic knowledge of federal/state regulations, institutional policies, procedures, CDI programs, and confidentiality principles to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders (verbal and written) and develop and maintain administrative forms and processes. Responsibilities include financial and personnel transactions. Manages and ensures the smooth flow of services and operations of the CDI.
Key Responsibilities & Performance Standards
- Answer department phone lines: Triage confidential and highly sensitive calls; provide information to University and public about OHSU services, procedures, and policies accurately and appropriately. Requires ability to accurately disseminate policies and regulations to OHSU staff, businesses, and public related to diversity, inclusion, and services of the CDI. Refers calls to Affirmative Action Office, Legal, and other offices as required.
- Support CDI financial, operational, and administrative processes (i.e., P-Card, Oracle, disbursements, payments, space, and computers).
- Manage multiple meeting schedules, projects, and events, organizing technology, location and catering needs, coordinating and drafting agendas and minutes, and coordinating follow-up of action items.
- Assist Assistant Chief Diversity Officer executing confidential salary, job changes and personnel transitions (interns/employees), coordinating new hires, transfers and separations, and employee leave; and timekeeping. Establishes and maintains department procedures so that personnel transactions are handled accurately and in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain files, including both hard copy and electronic document management systems.
- Work with Chief Diversity Officer/s to identify, develop, and implement continuous communication to the OHSU community of diversity events and activities.
- Continuous Quality Improvement for Diversity & Inclusion
- Support and participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives in partnership with other institutional leaders, units, to support creating a climate of inclusion.
- Work with CDI team members and other appropriate OHSU units in development and enhancement of diversity & inclusion at OHSU.
- Identify weaknesses and deficiencies, and provide input to Chief Diversity Officer/s on how to enhance the quality and efficiency of the CDI work performed.
Successful performance in this position includes:
- Provide superior customer service to the OHSU community at all times. Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently and to make quality decisions when required in an efficient manner without compromising accuracy and adherence to procedures, while maintaining positive engagement with a team.
- Ability to creatively, independently, and accurately solve problems and finalize projects in a timely and efficient manner with quality deliverables.
- Ability to accurately and independently understand, digest, and communicate to individuals at all levels of the University. Ability to provide accurate information and support team members as required.
- Ability to research, interpret, and implement/apply procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to effectively prioritize a variety of complex tasks/projects and to work calmly under pressure with tight deadlines while maintaining superior customer service and quality/accuracy standards.
- Exceptional professionalism in all interactions and commitment to confidentiality, when appropriate or required.
- Exceptional technological, analytical, critical thinking, written, and oral communication skills.
- Engaged team player with a “can-do”, problem-solving, and enthusiastic attitude.
- Driver of projects that are assigned such that they are accomplished in a timely, complete and quality fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five (5) years in administrative support role, including experience providing support to multiple executives in a complex environment.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
- Experience working with highly sensitive and confidential information and projects.
- Advanced skills using a variety of technologies, including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and other software programs that support various aspects of the department, including SharePoint, website management, and others.
- Creation of reports, documents, templates, charts, metrics, graphs, tables, and forms suitable for large and/or executive audiences.
- Ability to learn and understand a variety of software applications and data analytic procedures to support CDI programs.
- Ability to appear professional at the workplace, ready to work, on a regular and consistent basis.
- Exceptional people skills. Ability to interact in a positive, productive manner with others (demonstrating sensitivity, tact, and professionalism).
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult situations.
- Ability to analyze information and construct an action plan to effectively and cooperatively resolve issues.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Effective analytical, organizational abilities, oral and written communication skills, technological skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform quality work and communicate effectively while meeting multiple deadlines and completing projects simultaneously.
Patient Access SpecialistApply Now
Patient Access Specialist – OHSU 3 month assignment
Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. Multiple locations available.
The Patient Access Specialist gathers and records required information about patients, provides customer services which includes confirming health insurance coverage, determining individual financial obligations, verifying that necessary authorizations for care have been obtained, scheduling physician office appointments, cancer treatment appointments, and ancillary appointments, and assisting patients in an office or practice setting. S/he supports the practice by providing superior customer service through prompt and professional communication on the phone and face-to-face, and excellent problem solving skills and functioning as a team member to other staff. The PAS is responsible for checking patients in and out; confirming health insurance coverage and individuals obligations, collecting co-pays; as well as answering phones, opening and closing clinic; all while providing high quality customer service in a busy, fast-paced environment.
Front office / scheduling Functions/Duties
- The Patient Access Service Specialist gathers and records required information about patients; provides specific customer services which includes scheduling physician office, cancer treatment appointments, and ancillary appointments, and assisting patients in an office or practice setting.
- S/he supports the Practice and its faculty by providing excellent customer service through prompt and professional communication on the phone and in face-to-face customer contact, problem solving, and functioning as team member to other staff..
- The PAS is responsible for checking patients in and out; confirming health insurance coverage and individuals obligations, collecting co-pays; arranging labs; scheduling new and follow-up patient appointments, answering phones, opening and closing clinic; provide high quality customer service in a busy, fast-paced environment. Receives and returns phone messages. Handles correspondence, orders hospital records and x-rays. Mails information packets.
- Is responsible for verifying that authorization has been obtained and as need verifying patient eligibility and securing referral/authorization prior to the outpatient appointment or inpatient admission. The authorization process includes, but is not limited to, putting referral information on-line, obtaining authorization to provide care from the insurance company, identifying how much of the patient’s deductible has been met, determining how much of an education benefit has been exhausted, tracking the number of visits used per authorized, following up on referrals for return appointments, and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Greets patients over the phone. This includes, but is not limited to careful review of insurance benefits, demographic information, confirming insurance eligibility, and /or authorization. Checks patient account numbers and corrects any problems, seeking advice from Central Registration as required. Ensures that all appointment comment information is accurate and completed. Identifies and updates deductible payments, co-payments, and prepayment requirements.
In order to become a Patient Access Specialist you must complete the OHSU PAS class. To be enrolled in this class, please apply for the position and HR Answers will get you signed up.Follow Us
Project Manager (SAPApply Now
Are you an experienced PROJECT MANAGER that wants to join a company in SE Portland? For 30 years our client’s goal has been to anticipate their customer’s needs and to be a strategic partner in all phases of development and manufacturing. Our client understands that everything they produce has high impact and they take pride in their quality, design and end product.
Come join a project management team of four to assist in driving the schedule of multiple projects and follow-up to make sure all internal and external parties are involved. The Project Manager will create calendars, schedules, and processes for their projects and to hold all parties accountable. Whether working on the day-to-day tasks, communication with customers, or coordinating internal schedules, this project manager needs to be capable of independent and accurate carrying of multiple projects from start to finish. This role is expected to make critical decisions and take ownership of them. Must be the expert of the project so questions can be filtered and answered.
A minimum of three years of project management experience is required and must have an extensive understanding of SAP. Ease while being able to train others on the program’s intricacies is also highly valued. Additional competencies are:
֍ Troubleshoot and work with techs to problem solve.
֍ Understand the relationship between SAP, Adobe, and Wip 3.0.
֍ Create departmental rules and generate complex reports in SAP.
Must be able to create and maintain strong relationships with customers and co-workers.
֍ Create schedules with internal due dates for all relevant departments and hold them accountable.
֍ Maintain project management schedules and create cost structure for upper management to use to determine pricing. Understand on-going planning for future projects.
֍ Clear and open communication with customers and internal departments.
Salary is DOE/E.
Administrative CoordinatorApply Now
OHSU is looking for a temporary Administrative Coordinator. This is 12-week assignment located at 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd. University Hospital South. The hours will be Monday-Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
The Administrative Coordinator performs and coordinates a wide variety of advanced technical or administrative related tasks. Employees in this class plan perform and coordinate a complex or highly technical program in support of OHSU department/division wide activities.
- Develops technical policies or procedures, systems and forms necessary to complete work;
- Disseminates policies and information to OHSU staff, businesses and the public; plans and coordinates meetings, seminars and conferences;
- Plans, prepares, and presents training for OHSU staff, customers, or the public to provide information about OHSU services or explains policies and processes;
- Coordinates the editing, proofing, printing and distribution of grant applications, newsletters, brochures, syllabi and manuals;
- Coordinates and implements entire administrative process of a department/division wide program;
- Analyzes data and uses judgment in making independent decisions regarding the coordination of the program;
- Prioritizes program wide responsibilities;
- Performs assigned lead work duties.
- Explains policies and procedures for obtaining OHSU services;
- Receives and reviews documents and applications submitted in request of benefits and/or services (e.g., student application for financial aid, grants, credits, reimbursements, claims for payments from specialized funds);
- Determines if applicant meets or continues to meet criteria for and approves or denies benefits and/or services;
- Investigates circumstances, responds to questions and resolves discrepancies; researches, collects data and prepares reports outlining the impacts or changes in procedures on OHSU programs and funding; compiles statistical information related to program or operation measuring success rate and/or performance to be used by others to make decisions related to the program;
- Assists in annual budgeting process;
- Develops detailed reports on a monthly, quarterly, semiannual, or annual basis;
- Complies, maintains and tracks financial activities;
- Initiates billing;
- Maintains HR records, inventory records of supplies, equipment and materials and orders supplies for immediate office utilizing computerized purchasing.
- 4 years of general office or secretarial experience
- Associates degree or certificate in office occupations or office technology OR
- Bachelors degree and two years of general office or secretarial experience
HR Business PartnerApply Now
For one of our clients we’re seeking an HR Business Partner for aligning business strategy with employees and management in designated business units. This is a temp-to-hire position located in NE Portland (Lloyd Center Area).
The HR Business Partner will formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver strategic, value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions and acts as an employee champion and change agent and will maintain a competent level of business literacy about the business financial operating position and its organizational plans, its culture and its competition.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Analyzes workforce trends, metrics and analytics in partnership with the HR group. As a steward of talent, provides insights on functional depth of talent, succession planning and talent/resource forecasting.
- Identifies training and development needs for identified lines of business and individual executive leadership coaching needs. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs and key initiatives. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met and appropriate support in place for business leaders.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience as a Sr HR Generalist or HR Business Partner with a focus in employee relations, with two years in a multidiscipline Human Resources environment, including recruitment, training, compensation, benefits, and performance management.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational strategy, employee and union/labor relations, diversity and inclusion, performance management, effective engagement of the workforce and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal employment, labor, regulatory and other pertinent laws and human resources practices, also knowledge of systems theory and human resource systems design.
- Demonstrates high level customer-focused service skills for internal as well as external customers. Group facilitation skills. Requires a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals and groups including physicians, managers, and other internal and external customers. Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving skill, and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to design and deliver training consistent with human resource accountabilities.
- Ability to write clear and succinct HR documentation that efficiently and effectively communicates with a variety of key partnerships (Legal, Compliance, Credentialing, Investigatory Agencies, EEOC).
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or HRCI Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) credential or in process to obtain certification within one year of employment.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in Human Resources or closely related field.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume detailing your experience.Follow Us
HR Generalist - Part-TimeApply Now
One of HR Answers clients is looking for a part-time HR Generalist. This role is a temp to hire position and located in NE Portland.
If you are looking to make a difference in a non-corporate company, keep your hand in HR and be a key individual within the organization, this is the role for you!
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, recruitment/employment, on-boarding, training, benefits administration, performance management, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Scope of Responsibility:
This person will perform advanced troubleshooting and analyses, using judgment to select from multiple alternatives, which have a significant impact on the organization. They must frequently interact with other employees and outside vendors to provide detailed procedural explanations and must also occasionally negotiate basic agreements. The HR Generalist must have the ability to exercise discretion regarding confidential matters.
Essential Functions for Human Resource Generalist:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Responds to all EEOC and NLRB charges.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems. Reports vacation, sick, personal day and holiday use to payroll and scheduling. Maintains and distributes report of same.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Maintains, updates and distributes the employee phone list.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter).
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on three- and six-month and one-year evaluations.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Administers COBRA for group health plans.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
A bachelor’s degree and two to four years of HR experience, or a master’s degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or six years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Masters’ degree in human resources or related field.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
- seven to nine years of human resource experience.
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume to be considered
HR ManagerApply Now
HR Answers is seeking for one of its clients an HR Manager for a temp-to-hire role.
This position works with the Executive Management Team to align HR policies and practices with organizational goals, program needs and state and federal regulations and is responsible for the daily administration of a variety of policies and programs covering compensation, payroll, benefits, employee and management training and employee relations issues.
Policy and Procedure Administration Duties:
- Develop/publish HR policies and procedures ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal laws and organizational policies.
- Develop, review, update, communicate and translate the Employee Handbook to employees and use legal review.
- Research employment issues and advise supervisors regarding trends and changes in employment laws impacting HR policies and procedures and keep abreast of federal and state regulations and compliance issues.
- Consult with legal counsel ensuring HR policies, procedures, compensation and benefit programs comply with federal and state law.
Job Descriptions and Employee Evaluations Duties:
- Maintain/oversee an employee performance evaluation program and provide supervisors guidance on the annual and introductory performance evaluation process.
- Coordinate with supervisors to ensure performance evaluations are completed on time and salary increases are processed.
- Work with supervisors to monitor, develop and/or revise job descriptions.
- Provide advice and counsel to supervisors on performance management issues (appropriate corrective counseling, training and development, and progressive discipline techniques/ processes).
Employee Relations Duties:
- Prepare and process employee separations and conduct exit interviews to determine reason for employee separation and report findings to the Executive Director by creating reports to providing analysis, identifying trends, program compliance, employee relation issues and other areas where HR operations and program requirements are met.
- Work with supervisors to stay abreast of the employee relations climate to ensure solutions to problems and provide suggestions for improvement to maintain a positive work environment.
- Create/maintain a policy and procedure manual for supervisors to provide guidelines on all aspects of employment, compensation, benefits, recruitment, etc.
- Conduct internal investigations as needed and/or work with counsel.
- Approve terminations, ensuring reasons are well documented and are not arbitrary or discriminatory in nature.
Compensation Program Duties:
- Periodically review organization’s compensation program and analyze for cost and delivery of service to our employees that is based on a ranking of the duties and responsibilities of each position that keeps the organization competitive with other employers, ensures regulatory compliance and provides internal equity.
- Work with Executive and Associate Directors to perform internal equity and external market reviews of compensation and stay abreast of employee feedback regarding satisfaction in these areas.
Legal Reporting Duties:
- Conduct and respond to a variety of compensation, benefits and employment practice surveys.
- Administer EEOC policies by remaining informed on legislation affecting EEO and process EEOC annual required reports.
- Process government required reports that include: multiple worksite reports, garnishment orders, income verifications and unemployment reporting. Attend unemployment hearings as required.
- Motivate managers and supervisors to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees.
Benefits Administration Duties:
- Oversee administration of the benefit program and insurance plans and file required reports/plan documents, maintain insurance representative relationships and process insurance bills and payments. Provide benefit orientation for all new benefit eligible employees.
- Oversee all leaves of absences, including flexible paid time off, emergency leave, leave without pay, disability, OFLA/FMLA, and worker’s compensation and follow up with employees and outside agencies as needed for additional information or processing.
- Work with supervisors in recruitment efforts to promote organizational consistency and enhance knowledge of recruitment in diversity.
- Advertise positions internally and externally and screen resumes/applications, interview applicants and recommend appropriate job and compensation level.
- Create offer letters, process pre-employment testing, and conduct new hire orientation.
- Enter new hire information into HR/payroll database, create employee personnel, payroll and medical records files according to state and federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain the organizational chart.
- Oversee development and maintenance of personnel record keeping systems.
- Assist with the bi-weekly payroll functions by inputting data and processing reports as needed.
- Attend and participate in HR related trainings, classes, workshops and lectures to encourage professional development and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Requires two years of successful, progressive experience as an HR Generalist and knowledge of: employee benefits laws and regulations, practices and terminology; federal, State and local laws and regulations governing the employment relationship including wage and hour laws, equal opportunity and non-discrimination; practices/trends related to recruitment, selection, retention, and compensation, performance management, progressive discipline, record keeping, policy development, training and planning.
- Word, Excel, Visio and HRIS system experience
Please reply with a cover letter and resume. Interviews will the scheduled immediately.Follow Us
Chief Administrative OfficerApply Now
ON BEHALF OF ONE OF OUR CLIENTS, WE’RE SEEKING A CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER FOR AN ORGANIZATION THAT’S LOCATED IN COOS BAY, OREGON.
SUMMARY OF Responsibilities
Design, develop and supervise administrative functions and provide management assistance in the day-to-day administration within the organization. Support organizational relationships with the counties in which the organization operates. Represent the organization with the highest professional and ethical standards and conduct worthy of public trust while providing quality services to internal and external customers.
- Develop, lead, and manage administrative, budgeting, financial and general accounting systems, processes and reporting, including personnel, quality assurance systems, contract management, purchasing and grant preparation/management. Ensure compliance to related policies. Research, analyze and assemble information, and make recommendations on matters related to the financial area.
- Develop, lead, and manage full-service human resources to meet organizational needs which include: Affirmative action; recruitment and selection; classification and compensation; employee recognition; employee relations; performance management; employee training and development; organizational development; safety, health and wellness; workers’ compensation claims management; negotiating, personnel record-keeping; and other HR activities.
- Provide leadership and actively participates in organizational strategic planning and succession management efforts. Develop and implement the human resources strategic plan and action plans that support agency initiatives. Provide guidance and information on short and long-term goals in developing employees and succession management. Identifies and implements training initiatives and sponsors professional development activities.
- Ensure executive leadership receives the advice and support it needs to implement business strategies. Assist leadership in the elaboration and implementation of organizational change.
- Oversee cash flow to meet operational needs and maximize interest revenues within policy guidelines. Develop, monitor and maintain long term investment policies, procedures and practices.
- Manage payroll process including analysis, preparation and inputting payroll data. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws. Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll reports and performs account reconciliations.
- Provide leadership and direction supporting the appropriate analysis and interpretation of state and federal rules, regulations, policies and other communication affecting the organization’s administrative systems.
- Supervise assigned staff including training, scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance, initiating disciplinary actions, and effectively recommending hiring and termination actions. Provide assistance to other staff as workload and staffing levels dictate. Maintain proficiency by attending training and meetings, reading materials, and meeting with others in areas of responsibility.
- Three to five years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) Effectively providing leadership and administration of fiscal services within a direct service organization comprised of a complex array of grant programs, b) Past experience managing human resources including personnel, compensation, insurance, and recruiting, c) Past experience accounting practices, and financial management , and d) budget development and control or
- Two years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) Track record of effectively providing administrative leadership with a direct service organization comprised of a complex array of programs, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation; AND 45-48 quarter hours (30-32 semester hours) of graduate level coursework in management
- A CPA or PA certificate and two years of accounting experience;
- Be specific in addressing your training and/or experience to the areas listed in the above minimum qualifications. All courses must be from accredited colleges, universities, or private vocational schools.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity is a required qualification.
- Experience using MAS90 or SAGE100
- CPA or Accounting degree
Full time with benefits; Salary is DOE/E
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to be consideredFollow Us
Professional HR ConsultantApply Now
Professional HR Consultant
Are you looking to be a part of a dynamic group of highly-skilled and talented individuals who enjoy working as a team for the success of the organization? If so, we would love to meet you!
HR Answers is the largest independently-owned Human Resources Consulting firm in the Pacific NW. We are seeking a highly motivated Professional HR Consultant to assist our clients. This person will have great attention to details, a knack for juggling several tasks at once, dealing with many different types of personalities, the ability to think “outside the box,” and take initiative and tackle a myriad of daily tasks and constant pop-up projects along the way.
Essential Functions of a Professional HR Consultant:
- Provides professional level advice and work products relating to client requests for HR services. Work may involve HR policies, forms, employee relations, compensation, benefits, recruitment, training assignments, performance evaluations, harassment investigations, mediation, functional reviews and/or compliance activities.
- Develops business opportunities through networking and/or seeking referrals from current clients.
- Develops consulting proposals with the guidance of a Senior or Principal Consultant, customizing each for the specific needs of prospective clients.
- Manages consulting projects effectively and efficiently, including overseeing the work of administrative staff both for content and quality.
- Maintains positive client relations while assuring quality and timeliness of agreed product. Resolves client issues regarding product, service qualities, billing, etc.
- Monitors project schedule to ensure timely delivery of work and checks on monthly client billings to assure project budget adherence.
- Presents project findings and reports to clients individually or in group settings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of the theory, concepts, and practices of human resources. Working knowledge of most of the human resources functions, and the sequencing of activities necessary for an effective human resources operation within an organization.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills, including the ability to influence others, address concerns, reach consensus, and effectively work with groups. Ability to interpret technical information and communicate the information to non-technical clients
- Ability to define problems, conduct research, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong client service skills including resolution of conflicts and differences of opinion, anticipation of needs, and excellent judgment to handle awkward and challenging situations.
Education and Licensing for a Professional HR Consultant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or Organizational Development or equivalent and minimum of five years advisory experience as an HR Manager Strategic Business Partner or Generalist. (Equivalent combinations of experience and/or education will also be accepted.)
- Professional certification as PHR, SPHR, CCP, and/or CEBS is strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required
Wage will be based on qualifications. To review a complete job description please request from below email.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
HRA is an EEE
HR Coordinator / Labor RelationsApply Now
HR Answers is seeking for one of its clients a temporary Labor Relations/HR Coordinator (nine-month assignment).
This role will primarily assist management with the collective bargaining process for three preparations/sessions. This roll will be responsible for coordinating bargaining for three associations and working closely with the bargaining team as the bargaining coordinator. Duties include:
- recording and disseminating minutes,
- helping draft proposals, under specific and direct supervision,
- collating materials,
- preparing the final agreements,
- organizing meetings for bargaining and bargaining preparation under guidance from an internal coordinator
HR Office Support and Employee Relations
- Serves as administrative assistant/labor relations coordinator for HR management. Coordinate event and meeting logistics. Make room reservations; send notices and agendas; verify reservations and attendance; prepare meeting materials; arrange for special equipment, materials and food services.
- Schedule and coordinate calendars for HR staff and the HR conference room.
- Provide administrative office support for the HR department by utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other software applications to perform tasks and generate materials as requested. Draft correspondence; prepare organizational charts, reports and tables; generate rosters; and other documents from written and/or verbal instructions as requested. Proofread, photocopy, fax, and scan documents. Make travel and lodging arrangements. Prepare work orders and order office supplies. Prepare work orders, order office supplies, and open and distribute mail.
- Prepare spreadsheets, graphs, surveys or reports to assist in assessing and tracking HR metrics. Run queries and reports; compile and evaluate data to identify trends; draft employee opinion surveys; and proactively develop communication documents and materials relating to HR services and projects.
- May at times serve as receptionist and first point of contact for the HR Dept, providing customer service for staff and the general public. Answer and resolve inquiries via telephone, email, and from walk-in guests. Create a welcoming atmosphere and provide excellent customer service as the department’s representative in all interactions.
Recruitment and New Hires
- Process new hire paperwork. Review forms for accuracy and completeness, and enter data in employee database system. Verify I-9 documentation, process E-Verify, and maintain I-9 records. Prepare files for new employees and ensure documents are included in the appropriate files.
- Provide employment information to interested parties. Assist with the on-line recruitment system/process. Provide support to HR staff in matters related to recruitment, including posting recruitment information on the college’s HR website and placing recruitment ads.
Compliance and Safety
- Provide support for duties related to Title IX and activities related to collective bargaining.
- Provide workers compensation forms and instructions to college personnel, when requested. Receive, maintain, and appropriately route completed forms and accident and incident reports. Maintain workers compensation incident log.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures for work areas.
Payroll and HRIS
- Provide assistance with payroll. Review time sheets and work with supervisors to obtain signatures if needed. Assist payroll accountant in developing payroll related correspondence. Assist with data entry and reconciliations. Serve as back-up to payroll accountant, as assigned.
- Update and ensure accuracy of data in the human resources information system. Process, monitor, and communicate appointment personnel actions including appointment changes, salary adjustments, hires, and separations.
- Reconcile monthly division credit card expenses and ensure entries are done per college policy, including acquiring documentation and signatures.
- Process tuition waivers and ensure compliance with college policies and contracts.
- Process employee professional development applications; ensure applications are coded correctly and in compliance with budget and program requirements.
- Process part-time faculty assignment contracts including electronically entering data. Work closely with payroll accountant to ensure payment of contracts, and follow up with department administrative assistants as needed to ensure timely document submittal and processing.
Associate’s degree in Human Resources or related field; 2 years’ human resources experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the duties as described.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Driver’s License valid in the State of Oregon.
SHRM-CP or another professional HR certificate preferred.
Wage is DOE/E.
Please submit your resume to be consideredFollow Us
Senior Compensation ConsultantApply Now
Senior Compensation Consultant
Are you looking to be a part of a dynamic group of highly-skilled and talented individuals who enjoy working as a team for the success of the organization? If so, we would love to meet you!
HR Answers is the largest independently-owned Human Resources Consulting firm in the Pacific NW. We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Compensation Consultant to assist our clients. This person will have great attention to details, a knack for juggling several tasks at once, dealing with many different types of personalities, the ability to think “outside the box,” and take initiative and tackle a myriad of daily tasks and constant pop-up projects along the way.
Essential Functions of a Senior Compensation Consultant:
- Evaluating job positions, determining classification, exempt or non-exempt status, and salary.
- Ensuring company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Preparing occupational classifications, job descriptions, and salary scales.
- Providing advice on the resolution of classification and salary complaints.
- Researching job and worker requirements, structural and functional relationships among jobs and occupations, and occupational trends.
- Project work may include presenting methodology and data to executives and management.
Requirements of a Senior Compensation Consultant:
- Must have at least seven years HR compensation experience, or five years with an associate degree, or three years with a bachelor’s degree in HR or related field. Preference will be given to individuals with experience as an HR Manager, Director, or V.P. of Human Resources. (Equivalent combinations of experience and/or education will also be accepted.)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Professional certification as PHR, SPHR, CCP, and/or CEBS is strongly desired.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Wage will be based on qualifications. To review a complete job description please request from below email.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
HRA is an EEEFollow Us
Mail ClerkApply Now
One of our clients is looking for a full-time Mail Clerk in Downtown Portland. This is a temp-to-hire position.
Responsible for processing incoming and outgoing mail according to defined procedures. Will also undertake various clerical duties in support of the business operations.
Major Responsibilities for Mail Clerk:
- Open and distribute daily incoming mail
- Prepare company correspondence for mailing
- Collect and meter outgoing mail
- Receive and distribute faxes
- Send out mail supplies as requested (agent supplies)
- Take inventory of supplies to be ordered
- Collect and route inter-department mail
- Print and distribute daily production output and reports
- Perform scanning work for all departments
- Stock and distribute office supplies
- Collect, prepare, and take parcel shipments to drop box
- Prepare policies for mailing
- Separate and distribute policies requiring manual handling to Processing
- Learn and demonstrate proficient use of company proprietary systems
Secondary Functions for Mail Clerk:
- Cross train on file clerk and receptionist duties
- Provide coverage for receptionist and file clerk as needed
- Ensure paper is stocked in all departments on a continuous basis
- Keep the supply and mail rooms clean and organized
- Take out the cardboard recycling
- Collect and recycle used toner cartridges
- Maintain periodicals/newspapers stored in the library
- Make claims copies as needed
- Burn files to optical media
- Perform filing duties
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Work environment is a business office
- Must be able to use standard office equipment (i.e. copy machine, phone, fax, calculator, etc.)
- Must be able to work over-time as necessitated by demands of the work flow for the position
- 75% or more of the day will be spent standing/walking
To apply: Please send your resume to HR Answers.Follow Us
Licensed Health Insurance AgentApply Now
Customer Service Representative / Licensed Insurance Producer
One of HR Answers’ clients is looking for several Customer Service Representatives (Licensed Insurance Producer) to bring on board.
Do you hold an Oregon Health Insurance License and wondering what to do next? Health Insurance peak season is almost here! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a small but powerful well-known agency in Salem, OR as a permanent member of the team!
The ideal person for this role will have an Oregon Health Insurance License, have a positive, enthusiastic and professional phone etiquette, great attention to detail, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
This is a full-time, permanent position working Monday-Friday. As a Customer Service Representative (Licensed Insurance Producer), you will work from the customer contact center (call center). There will be no outside sales required for this role and this is not a commissioned position.
Essential Functions for a Customer Service Representative:
- Engage the public with patience and courtesy both in-person and on the telephone to provide specialized assistance or explain requirements in a clear and accurate manner, particularly in the field of health insurance.
- Perform computerized work that involves communicating with a variety of people on the telephone to exchange or provide information.
- Gather information regarding coverage terms, laws, rules, policies, procedures, and/or services, and explain that information to the public (in person, in writing, and/or on the telephone) including features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Absorb complex data and explain to others using critical thinking skills while adapting/responding quickly to an ever-changing industry.
- Learn and accurately use specific agency programs or operations affecting assigned work.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Meet production goals as defined by agency and/or carrier.
- Prioritize work and maintain an adequate work flow under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Assess customer issues, prioritize customer concerns, de-escalate situations and determine best course of action for the customer and the company; escalating to management as necessary.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Must maintain a valid Oregon Health Insurance License for this position.
- Draft documents and correspondence, transcribe voicemail and schedule appointments using Microsoft office and specialized database software. Some light filing may be required.
Core Competencies of a Customer Service Representative:
- Personal effectiveness/credibility, flexibility, and communication proficiency within a professional office environment.
- Skillfully type at a high enough level to capture pertinent data during the course of their interaction with customers without delaying meeting or call response times.
- Technical capacity, critical thinking, and thoroughness are required.
- Able to maintain a positive outlook/demeanor during busy or stressful times.
- Collaboration and presentation skills and punctuality & dependability are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Required Experience and Education to become a Customer Service Representative:
- Be a licensed Health Insurance Producer in Oregon.
- Minimum of 3 years of customer service experience; preferably working in the insurance industry or a medical/dental office.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work and/or workplace trainings.
- High school diploma required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and experience.
Wage is based on experience and bilingual abilities in Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Cantonese Mandarin, Korean or Arabic are strongly desired. Bonuses are based upon performance levels.Follow Us