Thank you for using HR Answers, Inc. in your job search. HR Answers, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, marital status, uniformed services status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pay, or genetic information. No application will be rejected as a result of a disability that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of the essential job duties.
We are pleased that you have selected our team of professionals to assist you in your job search and look forward to working with you. HR Answers differs from other employment agencies by striving to provide the best candidate experience possible. Not only do we assist you in finding a job placement, you will also gain access to our HR consulting staff. We want our relationship with you to be a partnership and we don’t subscribe to the belief that candidates need to do all of the legwork. We keep our candidates informed about current job openings through email, our website, and LinkedIn. Feel free to check in periodically whether or not you’re on an assignment. We also advocate on behalf of our candidates with clients, helping them to see the value in your unique skills.
Before completing the application, there are few details you should be aware of:
- While we would like to have every single candidate assigned to a client, whether in a temporary or direct hire basis, there may be times that we don;t have work. Please be patient – finding the perfect combination of skill set and ‘fit’ for a client, as well as finding you the perfect placement, is a bit of an art. We encourage candidates to check-in periodically and provide updates on your job search efforts.
- We require every applicant provide at least three professional references. We need a phone number and email for each reference and would prefer no more than one coworker reference. Make sure your references know to expect a phone call or email from us.
- We will conduct a basic background check and drug screen on all candidates prior to placing you on assignment. Some clients may require additional information or testing prior to starting an assignment at their organization. We will let you know about any special requirements.
- Fill out all areas of the application completely and accurately. Please fill in the required information directly on the application and do not indicate “see resume.” If you are offered a position, be aware that we may verify all the information you have written on the application, as well as your resume.
- We will do our best to contact you regarding work within 1-2 weeks from the submittal of your application. Please allow time for us to process your paperwork.
We are excited to welcome you to HR Answers and look forward to partnering with you in your career journey.Follow Us
Front Desk ReceptionistApply Now
The front desk receptionist performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, sending/receiving emails, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and maintains office forms and procedures, and assists with administrative tasks.
- Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
- Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person, official or department.
- Operates office machines as required.
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Duplicates and distributes materials.
- Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
- Assists public with the use of department facilities.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Prepares coffee for the office, coffee/water and food items for meeting as needed as well as company sponsored luncheons.
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday 6am-3:15pm and Friday 6am-11am.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Two years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Please send resume to be considered.Follow Us
Buyer AssistantApply Now
Our client is looking to bring on a Buyer Assistant who will support operations with administrative tasks.
- Purchase Planning
- Prepare/create/revise purchase orders to purchase materials
- Communicate with requestor about materials to meet the procurement process
- Follow up with requestor using a new Procurement WIP
- Supplier Research & Selection
- Evaluate requestor’s list of item/service for strategic selection of goods/service and reject or approve based on research
- Place an order for Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly purchase.
- Follow up delivery schedule of purchased orders in timely manner
- Communicate with vendors and/or customers to order materials and resolve questions
- Internal Operation
- Create goods receipt for Finance department to process the payment
- Create new item to the system if needed
- Report a monthly item expense reports to CFO
- Update procurement SPP as needed (including cheat sheet aka procurement bible)
- Update pricing of items and vendor contact information, as needed
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal
- Detailed oriented/ Accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Problem assessment and solving
- Experienced with SAP, preferred
Two years’ office administrative support experience, preferably in business operations, supply chain, or a similarly related role is required.
Must be experienced in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel and be data-entry proficient.
Data entry with SAP is preferred.
Please send your resume to be considered for this role.Follow Us
Associate Civic EngineerApply Now
HR Answers is seeking an Associate Engineer for one of its clients – this is a direct hire full-time role with a competitive salary and a great benefits package. The Associate Engineer will perform professional engineering services and project management for the planning, design and construction of a district’s public water supply, infrastructure projects and related systems. This organization has earned a reputation for providing high-quality water and service. They are offering an excellent opportunity to work at a sustainable organization that provides the community with a most precious resource: water.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing engineering plans in compliance with code requirements and established standards, regulations and specifications.
- Serve as project manager and/or lead in all phases of project(s) from project planning, scoping, design, and construction, including project and contract management, preparation of budgets, cost estimates, schedules, bid documents, inspection and observation, change orders and as-builts.
- Represent the district to other agencies and stakeholders for permits, pre-construction, progress and other required meetings.
- Utilize in-house hydraulic model and GIS system to support water system planning and analysis.
- Write and prepare technical information and engineering documentation required to meet the district’s policies and applicable statutes.
- Effective verbal and written communication with consideration for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Foster harmonious, constructive working relationships founded on mutual respect, yet able to make difficult decisions for the benefit of the department and the district.
- BS in Civil Engineering, possess an Engineer-in-Training Certification.
- 2-4 years’ experience working under a professional engineer with preference given to water utility or public works experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge and application of professional engineering principles, practices and project management techniques for capital and private development projects.
- Knowledge and application of engineering project design, construction and use of CAD and GIS software.
- Basic contract administration and project financial management
- Proficiency in regulations and best practices governing construction techniques and safety compliance used for the installation, repair and maintenance of a public water distribution system
- Knowledge of State of Oregon and other requirements pertaining to public drinking water
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) and ability to meet the district driving standards
- Ability to frequently lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 lbs. and occasionally work in adverse weather or environments
Salary range: $67,850 – $88,980 DOE/E (Exempt, Represented) Relocation assistance may be available depending on the location, but will only be supplied thru reimbursement.
How to apply: Visit https://hranswers.com to submit a required resume and cover letter. If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
HR Answers is an Equal Opportunity EmployerFollow Us
Recruiting Intern (Unpaid)Apply Now
- Prepares and posts job advertisements derived from unique job descriptions created by the Director of Recruiting & Staffing or the Recruiting Coordinator.
- Performs applicant tracking system (ATS) data entry and maintenance.
- Assists with social media postings.
- Takes notes during in-person interviews and uploads them into the ATS.
- May answer phones when candidates call as needed.
- May assist with new-employee orientation paperwork.
- May assist with maintaining confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- May assist in responding to verifications of employment status.
- Assists the Director of Recruiting & Staffing and the Recruiting Coordinator with HR projects as needed.
About HR Answers
We are a premier Human Resources consulting firm, providing solutions, products, and services to support organizations of all sizes. Today the only real competitive advantage is in each organization’s employees. HR Answers, Inc. brings a wealth of knowledge, proven ideas that have actually been implemented, and an innovative, but practical approach to dealing with all the issues that surround the employment of human beings in the workplace. We ask questions, listen to you, offer ideas/solution options, and then work with you either through consulting or the providing of a specific service to help you remove roadblocks or build pathways to success.
Project AssistantApply Now
JOB TITLE: Project Assistant
LOCATION: Portland, OR
DEPARTMENT: Inventory Planning
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-exempt
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Needs to lift up to 30 lbs.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Project Assistant will support Project Managers with administrative work, primarily data-entry duties. This role has the opportunity to be exposed to simple activities to more complex plans, in coordination with Project Managers. The Project Coordinator may check master schedules and work orders; and may assist with changes to schedules according to project needs and work order specifications. This role may follow thru on established priorities and availability of workers, parts, machines and schedules, and equipment.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
This position works under the general supervision of Project Managers to ensure that all project work is completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Project Assistant’s responsibilities include working closely with Project Managers providing data-entry support. This role assists Project Managers with clerical duties keeping projects within budgets.
- May assist with coordinating project schedules, resources, equipment and information.
- Ensures that clients’ needs are met as the project evolves.
Must have excellent time management and communications skills, both written and verbal.
Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, detailed oriented, and organized.
Must have previous data-entry experience and has demonstrate Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel proficiency.
Must have experience using Gmail and Google Drive.
Previous experience using Adobe Illustrator, preferred.
Previous experience working in ERP systems, SAP in particular, is preferred.
Education and Experience:
One-Two years of office administrative support and data-entry support work is required or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the Project Assistant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the duties as described.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility including the ability to move materials weighing up to 30 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc. and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 30 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required more than 30% of the work period while operating equipment such as computers and other standard office equipment.
Travel may include attendance at training’s or other meetings.
EQUIPMENT and/or TOOLS USED:
Computer, laptop, keyboard, monitors, projectors, mouse, calculators, printers, and other standard office equipment. Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
This role has no supervisory responsibility.
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume.Follow Us
Bilingual Senior HR GeneralistApply Now
Working with minimal assistance administers HR policies and procedures which has a significant organizational impact. Must be able to use good judgement and frequently interact with employees exercising discretion regarding confidential matters.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Conducts recruitment for temporary employees: Writes/places job advertisements, sets up and assists with interviews; leads the onboarding process and orientations.
- Maintains HR information system records and compiles reports.
- Maintains employee files/applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Monitors tardy/absenteeism reports; ensures proper documentation is issued on employees with excessive tardiness/absenteeism problems. Reports vacation, sick, and holiday use to payroll. Maintains and distributes report of same.
- Manages/tracks employee disciplinary action; counsels management before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Handles employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Conducts exit interviews; makes recommendations to management for corrective action/continuous improvement.
- Performs benefits administration (claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices and communicating employee benefits information).
- Maintains/processes Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner; attends unemployment hearings.
- Reports, maintains and monitors workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases. Administers COBRA for group health plans.
- Assists in the development/implementation of personnel policies and procedures; maintains the employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Administers and monitors performance evaluation program.
A bachelor’s degree and four years of HR experience or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- PHR Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) is preferred.
- Industry experience in agriculture strongly desired.
Bilingual Spanish and English with the ability to read, write and speak both languages.
*Work Environment and Physical Demands
*Use of standard office equipment (computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines) and occasionally lifting office products and supplies (20 pounds).
*Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
*This is a full-time position Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5 pm.
HR Answers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Follow Us
HR ManagerApply Now
HR Answers has an Human Resource Manager direct hire opportunity for a client who is located in Portland, OR. The HR Manager will be the point-person by performing talent acquisition, on-boarding, and employee relations responsibilities and HR compliance issues for the company.
- Source, recruit, and hire employees and lead on-boarding and orientation.
- Design, update and maintain job descriptions and company policies.
- Support management by analyzing applications and information by providing counsel and advice.
- Comply with local, state and federal legal requirements through knowledge of employment laws, rules and regulations.
- Counsel employees and management by monitoring staff activities taking disciplinary action if needed, including write-ups and terminations.
- Develop organizational and HR strategy with consultation of management to refine HR objectives to be in alignment with company goals.
- Coordinate with benefits and payroll specialist in preparing internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies.
- Develop and update HR policies/procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Assist in the administration of worker’s compensation issues, tracking and maintaining files.
- Documentation and maintenance of various compliance issues: OSHA workplace accident registers, HIPAA notices, EEOC reporting etc.
- Create and prepare manual and electronic personnel records, reports, and files.
- 10 years of human resource experience, bachelor’s degree preferred; a combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and be able to pass a drug test.
- SPHR or PHR preferred.
Salary is DOE/E.
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your top HR strengths in the above listed areas. Phone screenings will be conducted ASAP.
HR GeneralistApply Now
We’re seeking an HR Generalist to perform HR-related duties on a professional level for one of our long-term healthcare clients. You will work closely with senior management in carrying out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Employee relations, policy implementation, investigations, performance management, coaching/training, and affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Working under general management guidance, this HR Generalist role will work with minimal assistance to set precedent within limits and administers operating rules and procedures. Will perform advanced troubleshooting and analyses, using judgment to select from multiple alternatives, which have a significant impact on the organization. Must be able to frequently interact with other employees to provide detailed procedural explanations. Must demonstrate the ability to exercise discretion regarding confidential matters.
*Essential Functions for HR Generalist
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies. Maintains employee personnel files.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action. Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems. Reports vacation, sick, personal day and holiday use to payroll and scheduling. Maintains and distributes report of same.
Minimum Qualifications for HR Generalist
A bachelor’s degree and three to five years of HR experience, or a master’s degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel may be occasional for this position.
HR Answers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to be considered.Follow Us