Professional HR Consultant
Are you looking to be a part of a dynamic group of highly-skilled and talented individuals who enjoy working as a team for the success of the organization? If so, we would love to meet you!
HR Answers is the largest independently-owned Human Resources Consulting firm in the Pacific NW. We are seeking a highly motivated Professional HR Consultant to assist our clients. This person will have great attention to details, a knack for juggling several tasks at once, dealing with many different types of personalities, the ability to think “outside the box,” and take initiative and tackle a myriad of daily tasks and constant pop-up projects along the way.
Essential Functions of a Professional HR Consultant:
- Provides professional level advice and work products relating to client requests for HR services. Work may involve HR policies, forms, employee relations, compensation, benefits, recruitment, training assignments, performance evaluations, harassment investigations, mediation, functional reviews and/or compliance activities.
- Develops business opportunities through networking and/or seeking referrals from current clients.
- Develops consulting proposals with the guidance of a Senior or Principal Consultant, customizing each for the specific needs of prospective clients.
- Manages consulting projects effectively and efficiently, including overseeing the work of administrative staff both for content and quality.
- Maintains positive client relations while assuring quality and timeliness of agreed product. Resolves client issues regarding product, service qualities, billing, etc.
- Monitors project schedule to ensure timely delivery of work and checks on monthly client billings to assure project budget adherence.
- Presents project findings and reports to clients individually or in group settings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of the theory, concepts, and practices of human resources. Working knowledge of most of the human resources functions, and the sequencing of activities necessary for an effective human resources operation within an organization.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills, including the ability to influence others, address concerns, reach consensus, and effectively work with groups. Ability to interpret technical information and communicate the information to non-technical clients
- Ability to define problems, conduct research, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong client service skills including resolution of conflicts and differences of opinion, anticipation of needs, and excellent judgment to handle awkward and challenging situations.
Education and Licensing for a Professional HR Consultant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or Organizational Development or equivalent and minimum of five years advisory experience as an HR Manager Strategic Business Partner or Generalist. (Equivalent combinations of experience and/or education will also be accepted.)
- Professional certification as PHR, SPHR, CCP, and/or CEBS is strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required
Wage will be based on qualifications. To review a complete job description please request from below email.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
HRA is an EEE