Supervisory Success Spring 2018
March 6 @ 8:00 am - May 1 @ 12:30 pm
March 6, 13, 20
April 3, 10, 17, 24
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Cost To Attend All Three Sessions:
$650 Per Person / $550 Advantage Plan Members
A highly interactive series covering the employment life-cycle and soft skills. This is the ideal class for new supervisor or existing supervisors with no formal training. Existing Supervisor with 5 or more years are encouraged to attend the Advanced Supervision, three part series.
Each attendee will participate in a DiSC Assessment which will serve as a foundation to the program. This program covers the following.
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a supervisor.
- Setting the stage from day one and managing employee perception.
- Effective role modeling.
- Hiring and retaining the right employees.
- How to interview – what questions to ask & not ask.
- Orientation vs. onboarding.
- Improving your Communication and how to communicate more clear and concisely.
- Understanding the barriers that result in conflict and learn conflict resolution techniques.
- Establishing a employee/supervisor partnership and understanding what motivates employees.
- The value of performance management and using coaching to get the performance you need and how to provide feedback.
- Legal responsibilities, hazards, new laws, discrimination, harassment, family leave, reasonable suspicion, and more.
- Getting the most out of team building and connecting the dots for the BIG picture.
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.