Supervisor 8 Part Series – Portland/Tigard
March 7 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Eight Consecutive Thursdays – March 7, 14, 21, April 4, 11, 18, 25 and May 2nd
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Cost to Attend All Eight Sessions
$650 Per Person
$550 Per Person – Advantage Plan Clients
Foundation for the program is a DiSC Assessment of each participate.
Mandatory completion of the pre-workshop DiSC assignment and
Mandatory attendance at Session 1 is a required.
A highly interactive series covering all the topics, issues and situations new supervisors or existing supervisor with no formal training need know and will experience in their position life-cycle.
This program covers the following:
- Understanding the supervisor role and responsibilities.
- Setting the stage from day one.
- Managing employee perception.
- Interviewing – what questions to ask & not ask.
- Hiring and retaining the right employees.
- Orientation vs. onboarding.
- Value of performance management and coaching to get the performance you need.
- Effective role modeling.
- How to communicate more clearly and concisely.
- Barriers that result in conflict and conflict resolution techniques.
- Employee/supervisor partnership and understanding what motivates employee.
- How to provide feedback.
- Legal responsibilities, discrimination, harassment, new laws family leave, reasonable suspicion & more.
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.