Self-Awareness using DiSC
October 11 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
What is DiSC?
The DiSC profile, published by Wiley, is a non-judgmental tool used for discussion of people’s behavioral differences. The DiSC model provides a common language that people can use to better understand themselves and adapt their behaviors with others
– within a work team, a sales relationship, a leadership position, or other relationships.
DiSC profiles help you and your team –
* Increase your self-knowledge: how to respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress and how you solve problems.
* Improve working relationships by recognizing the communication needs of team members.
* Facilitate better teamwork and teach productive conflict
* Develop stronger sales skills by identifying and responding to customer styles.
* Manage more effectively by understanding the dispositions and priorities of employees and team members.
* Become more self-knowledgeable, well-rounded and effective leaders.
Managers can benefit in several ways from DiSC assessments. First, regardless of what industry, profession, sector, or any other classification you want to use, managers are first and foremost in the people business. Their job is to orchestrate people to get work done. Dealing with people is largely an art, but applying the science of DiSC to people interactions increases effectiveness and takes some of the mystery out of the process. Regardless of your natural style, the more managers learn about how to “read people”, understand the dynamics of the styles – such as motivating factors and natural fears, they will more quickly and easily be able to relate to and give direction and support to their employees. Conflict will be diminished, both between them and their employees, as well as between employees. Instead of spending all day on “personality conflicts,” they’ll be able to navigate individual differences and coach employees to communicate more effectively.
How do leaders benefit from making use of the DiSC system?
Leaders are defined by their ability to influence change. They are asked to provide a vision, align their followers to the vision, and execute on that vision. DiSC provides a framework in which communication and interpersonal relationships can be personalized and individuated so that each person hears the message based on their priorities and clearly understand how their strengths enable the accomplishment of the vision.
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.
- For Questions: Contact HR Answers at 503-885-9815