- This event has passed.
Job Descriptions Specific to Oregon Pay Equity
September 26 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
A job description is valid only to the extent that it accurately reflects job content, and serves a useful HR purpose. If the purpose was not clear before, the Oregon and Washington legislatures have approved Pay Equity standards that will require consistent and current job-related documentation. The job description has always been a critical tool for recruiting, training, evaluating, as well as a host of other HR activities and those purposed will continue. It also helps explain actions to third parties who are assessing the organization’s compliance with various state and federal regulations. The process of creating job descriptions often fails due to a lack of collected data. In fact, most job descriptions are deficient.
This session will explore:
- The information that needs to be included in a description to satisfy its many users.
- How to format descriptions to meet the requirements of governmental regulations, including ADA compliance.
- How to involve the employee and supervisor in obtaining accurate data for the descriptions.
- How to write a description to assist with the FLSA provisions.
- How to measure the results of a position.
This interactive workshop can make a real contribution to the effectiveness of your HR function and ensure clear communication about employee expectations. Participants will receive a substantial handout packet including sample forms, job descriptions, and questionnaires.
Cost: $150 Per Person / $112 Advantage Plan Members