Implicit Bias – How Do We Address This Concern? – Tigard/ Portland
July 25 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
There is much being written about ‘Implicit Bias’ now.
The incident with Starbucks generated a whole new wealth of material. But many employers have not built Implicit Bias training for their organizations.
This workshop will be an opportunity for HR professionals and Managers/Executives to deepen their understanding of what Implicit Bias is, how to recognize it, and how to prevent it from impacting their hiring and their behavior. As more employees become aware of nuanced decisions and perspectives, they will likely raise more concerns and complaints. No employer wants to be front page news for this reason.
The content of this workshop will include:
- Implicit Bias definitions and why it occurs
- Examples of Implicit Bias activities
- Understanding the negative consequences of Implicit Bias
- Information on methods for setting Implicit Biases aside when making applicant/employee decisions
- How to present this topic to others in your organizations
This is a sensitive topic for some because it challenges our perception of ourselves and others. Attendees will be afforded the opportunity to ask questions, develop understanding of how these biases are developed, and learn what to do about them so that no form of discrimination occurs in their processes. Join us for this intriguing and thought-provoking discussion.
Cost: $75.00 Per Person / $50.00 Advantage Plan Members
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.