- This event has passed.
HR Basics: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You – SHRM Salem
June 6 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
** Please note that we are presenting at this seminar and this is not hosted by HR Answers, Inc. Please click the ‘Register Here’ button to be routed to the SHRM Salem website where you are able to register **
Employment is getting more complicated than ever before. A manager or supervisor’s mistake can result in costly employee lawsuits and liability for an organization. This seminar focuses on the issues that are most likely to get an employer into trouble. Designed to give a big picture review in a short amount of time, this seminar will help you avoid the many traps, potholes and landmines of employment arena.
This one-day seminar is for . . . Business owners, managers and supervisors . . .
Management employees are usually at the center of an employment lawsuit. The employment laws have little to do with common sense. When you “don’t know what you don’t know,” it is difficult to avoid liability. This 1-day program will help you spot red flags and provide solutions for common employee relations challenges.
Anyone who Deals with HR Issues . . .
Both novice and experienced HR professionals and support staff will benefit from the comprehensive overview and targeted practical solutions that they can take back to the workplace. In addition to building understanding of the fundamentals we will discuss hot topics for employers
Topics will include:
- Hiring Practices – Best Practices, Documentation & New Regulatory Hurdles in Hiring
- Compensation Fundamentals – Exempt/Non-Exempt, Overtime, Equal Pay, Final Paychecks & More
- Leave & Disability Crash Course – Sick Leave, ADA, Family Leave & the Bermuda Triangle
- Harassment, Discrimination & Retaliation– Avoiding, Investigating and Managing Complaints
- Handling Employee Challenges – Performance Management, Feedback, Corrective Action, Discharge, and Record Keeping
- Presenters include consulting staff members of HR Answers team: Deborah Jeffries, SHRM-CP, PHR, CPC, Laurie Grenya, SPHR, & Paul Hutter, SPHR. One of the goals of this program is to provide attendees with strategies to recognize risk and minimize potential liability. This can be overwhelming and don’t worry because we will provide you with checklists to cover the areas that you need your attention.
This program promises to be interactive, laced with real-life stories and practical tips to take back and use right away. This will be a GREAT place for you to ask our questions.
HR Answers Presenters:
Cost: $150.00 per person for SHRM members. $179.00 for non-members. Includes continental breakfast, lunch & refreshments.