Emotional Intelligence and Communication in Leadership
November 8 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
When you think of a “perfect leader,” what comes to mind?
You might picture someone who never lets his temper get out of control, no matter what problems he’s facing. Or you might think of someone who has the complete trust of her staff, listens to her team, is easy to talk to, and always makes careful, informed decisions.
These are qualities of someone with a high degree of emotional intelligence and is an effective listener.
This program is designed to look at two things:
1. Emotional Intelligence: why emotional intelligence is so important for leaders – and how you, as a leader, can improve yours. Emotions are part of who we are. We need emotional intelligence to turn intention into action, in order to make informed decisions about the things that matter most to us, and to connect to others in productive and nurturing ways.
This program will outline multiple strategies for how you can improve your:
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Management
2. Communication Through Active Listening: Listening is more than half of how human communicate, and it is not a skill set we are born with. It is a skill set we must develop. Employees desire to be valued by their employer, and effective, attentive and reflective listening is one of the primary ways in which we create value and build trust with our staff. This program will provide you with multiple methods for improving your listening skill sets.Cost: $150 Per Person / $112 Advantage Plan Members
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.
- For Questions: Contact HR Answers at 503-885-9815