Effective Leadership – Tigard/ Portland
May 8 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Businesses generally adopt one of two business models: operational excellence or innovation. Excellent organizations stay great by constantly moving, improving, collaborating and learning from their mistakes. Today’s businesses need to be innovative, learning organizations and need leaders who can focus on a variety of areas including motivation, teamwork, and facilitation. These require a high degree of leadership capability.
This workshop is designed to reinforce and enhance the leadership skills of those who serve, motivate, facilitate, or inspire the work of others. This half-day workshop will focus on:
- Identifying ones Leadership Style and the Characteristics they demonstrate;
- Core and Adaptive Leadership Skills (those that get you to the leadership position and those you need to maintain the position like emotional intelligence, character, and development);
- Different ways to inspire confidence and build trust;
- The importance of Communication for effective leadership;
- Broaden participants’ understanding of how their leadership capability impacts employee performance.
- Give participants opportunities to enhance their personal leadership skills and traits through exercises.
The session will help participants enhance their skills, while enjoying a humorous look at what is possible and take away a clear understanding of what needs to be worked on and developed within their own leadership style.
Deborah Jeffries, SHRM-CP, PHR, CPC, Co-President, is certified as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) through the Human Resource Certification Institute and has 30 years’ experience in the human resources field. Deborah is also a Certified Professional Consultant (CPC) through the International Guild of Professional Consultants. As a consultant, she works with clients on their handbooks, policy manuals, employee relations, recruitment processes, employment, compliance, and most often their training needs. Deborah’s past experience includes recruiting, training, education, sales, and marketing. She holds a BS in Psychology and a teaching certificate from Willamette University.
Cost: $150 Per Person / $112 Advantage Plan Members
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.
- For Questions: Contact HR Answers at 503-885-9815