Dealing with Difficult Conversations
May 22 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Sometimes we do a good job of communicating, mostly when there are no issues or concerns. But when problems exist or when people disagree with one another, expressing ourselves effectively becomes much more difficult. Studies show that 50% of all conflicts in the workplace are caused by communication breakdowns. This session will:
- Focus on the how and why communication difficulties occur.
- Place emphasis on learning how to approach individuals at various levels of the organization.
- Teach ways to manage personal feelings when confronting others; and dealing with their emotions.
- Provide a) hints to resolve conflicts based on common interests; b) a synopsis of strategies to consider, each with their own advantages; and c) an action item checklist to think about before going into the conversation.
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.