- This event has passed.
DEMYSTIFYING FMLA / OFLA
May 9 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
With the passage of the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA), and adoption of the Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA) and various subsequent revisions, this became a very complex area for employers. The complexity has increased with later changes, including the addition of military caregiver leave, exigency leave, and bereavement leave. This program will provide guidelines for setting up your Family and Medical Leave program.
- What exactly is FMLA?
- How does Washington State’s leave law differ from the federal law?
- What employers and employees do these laws cover?
- When can an employee take leave and how long can that leave be?
- What are the exceptions that employees need to be aware of?
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.