April 18 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
One of the most complex jobs for HR professionals is administering employee leaves while remaining in compliance with a myriad of laws.
In fact, many HR professionals refer to the interplay of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Workers’ Compensation as the Bermuda Triangle of Employment Law because of the perils involved in navigating the interplay between these complicated laws. The “Bermuda Triangle” of disability laws, family medical leave laws, and injured worker laws can create a virtual minefield for employees. Learn the latest in these areas and how to deal with these issues, individually or in combination. This program will include an overview and discussion of key changes to the ADA and FMLA, as well as what every employer needs to know about Workers’ Compensation.
- Updates on amendments to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The ins and outs of dealing with requests for OFLA and FMLA leaves.
- Pros and cons of light duty assignments.
- How to respond to employees who want to take leave and those who want to return from it.
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.