Compensation and Classification – Portland/ Tigard
November 15 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
This workshop provides an overview of classification and compensation.
It is intended to acquaint individuals with the principles of how to categorize work (classification) and how to determine the pay for work (compensation). We will cover such specifics as compensation philosophies, job descriptions and job analysis, methods of job evaluation, use of salary surveys, constructing pay
ranges, compliance with federal and state laws governing pay, determining exempt/non-exempt status, and ideas about communicating compensation
within the organization. Class content will also cover Oregon’s new Pay Equity Act. Our primarily goal is to address the practical issues involved in classification and compensation program creation and administration.
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.