Coaching and Counseling
October 4 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Coaching is becoming one of the most popular methods to help a manager or executive make necessary changes
and build critical skills.
Coaches are most often used to improve relationships with clients, peers and supervised staff, to tackle organization and/or time management concerns, or to serve as a sounding board for strategy and organizational direction. Coaches bring the advantage of privacy, relationships and on-going support.
What we will cover in this workshop:
- How can an organization tell if the person or situation would be appropriate for “coaching”?
- Is coaching an answer if there are performance problems?
- What education, experience and references should you look for during your selection process?
- What attributes should be avoided?
Join us for this interesting discussion of how to select someone who can help individuals achieve positive results. Participants will receive a handout packet with valuable resources on this timely subject.
- Seating is limited, and registration is on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Payment for registration must be received one week before the scheduled program date.
- Cancellations also must be received one week before the program date to receive a full refund.
- There are no refunds for “no-shows.”
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration or a reminder notice for the session your registration has not been received.
- For Questions: Contact HR Answers at 503-885-9815