EEO-1 Reporting Deadline Extended
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has extended the deadline for filing the 1018 EEO-1 reports. The original deadline was March 31, 2018 (congrats to all of you who made that deadline!!), but the Commission said that they received so many requests for technical assistance that they decided to push the final deadline out to June 1, 2018. The actual number of reports received by the deadline is higher than in previous years, but the requests for assistance was also higher this year. The Commission’s website was updated April 20th with the new date.
One reminder: the following are the EEOC criteria that dictate whether an EEO-1 is necessary:
Standard Form 100 (EEO-1) must be filed annually by —
- All private employers who are:
- subject to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972) with 100 or more employees EXCLUDING State and local governments, primary and secondary school systems, institutions of higher education, Indian tribes and tax-exempt private membership clubs other than labor organizations;
- subject to Title VII who have fewer than 100 employees if the company is owned or affiliated with another company, or there is centralized ownership, control or management (such as central control of personnel policies and labor relations) so that the group legally constitutes a single enterprise, and the entire enterprise employs a total of 100 or more employees.
- All federal contractors (private employers), who:
- are not exempt as provided for by 41 CFR 60-1.5,
- have 50 or more employees, and
- are prime contractors or first-tier subcontractors, and have a contract, subcontract, or purchase order amounting to $50,000 or more; or
- serve as a depository of Government funds in any amount, or
- is a financial institution which is an issuing and paying agent for U.S. Savings Bonds and Notes.
Click here for the User’s Guide which includes step by step instructions and screenshots.
As always, if we can be of further assistance on this topic or other Human Resource information, please give us a call at 503-885-9815 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.